2B or not 2B, that is the question

Brett Lawrie pondering "2B or not 2B" - Otto Greule Jr

To 2B or not to 2B, that is the question:

Whether tis nobler in the mind to turn two

The slings and arrows of outrageous take out slides

Or to use your arm against a sea of speedy baserunners

And by opposing retire them: to the bench, to sleep

no more; and by a sleep, to say an out

The disappointment and the thousand booing fans

To 2B, just a dream, aye there's the rub

For in Lawrie's sleep of Red Bull, what dreams may come,

When he have shuffled off this mortal adrenaline rush,

Must give him pause

That gives calamity of so long life at second base

For who would bear the whips and scorns of time at the pivot

The umpire's wrong, the proud scout's scorn

The pangs of Jays Talk love, the Law's dimsay

The inexperience at the position

The patience it merits

When he makes his final play

With a sharp slide to the shins, who would bear these dangers

To grunt and sweat under a weary life of quick thinking

Except those who wish to be Robinson Cano

The undiscovered Gold Glove possibilities

No converted second basemen returns

And makes us wonder if it was a good decision

Rather than ponder the moves that we know not of?

Thus risk does make cowards of us all,

And thus the native hue of Anthopoulos' resolution

Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,

And projects of great substance and importance

And with injuries his current thinking turns awry

And loses all semblance of rationality

And loses the name of action, Alex Wait!

The fair Brett! A star, in your eyes

May your mistake be remembered

Thanks to this tweet for the inspiration and Minor Leaguer for making some great adjustments: