Blue Jays 0 White Sox 7: Bats are AWOL

Edwin is safe a second. - Tom Szczerbowski

White Sox 7 Blue Jays 0

That was less than fun.

Our 'stopper' didn't. J.A. Happ had quick 1st inning, 7 pitches, 3 fly outs. That was the end of the fun. He gave up a 3-run homer in the second and that was all the White Sox really needed. Happ went 5.2, giving up 6 hits, 5 earned, 1 walk with 3 strikeouts. He gave up 2 home runs.

Ramon Ortiz pitched the last 3.1, much the way you figured he would. 5 hits, 2 earned, 1 walk, 2 k.

Our offense did next to nothing. We had 6 hits on the night, 2 each for Rajai Davis, Edwin Encarnacion and Munenori Kawasaki. The rest of the lineup didn't get on base. Brett Lawrie needs a few days to get his timing back, but I'm so glad to have his glove at third. He's fun to watch.

Jays of the Day: No one. Rajai had the high mark at .028 WPA.

Suckage numbers: Happ (-.215) and Melky Cabrera (-.112).

We still had a pretty active GameThread, 57 commenters put up 740 comments.

# Commenter # Comments
1 fishedin 57
2 Jeremiah Stanghini 50
3 Bowling_Guy25 50
4 MapleMan 49
5 Belisarius 41
6 Nadia 37
7 Vagabond13 34
8 StreakyJays 32
9 Minor Leaguer 31
10 allcanadian34 29
11 benk 29
12 MjwW 23
13 MartsB 22
14 Daedalus685 22
15 Super Bass Hallways 16
16 Tom Dakers 15
17 Diamond_D86 15
18 Janz_V84 15
19 GatorJay 14
20 Redonred 11
21 STZ513 11
22 jays182 10
23 Entmoot 9
24 hansdampf 9
25 JaysfanDL 9

Great job in a losing cause fishedin.

Tomorrow the Jays try to split the series against Chris Sale, not an easy draw. R,A,Dickey starts for the good guys