A Problem will Present Itself to your Solution: White Sox @ Blue Jay - April 18, 2013

Tom Szczerbowski

GameThread - White Sox @ Blue Jays - April 18, 2013

I missed last night's game which sounds like it was a good thing. It was parent/teacher night at my son's High School. I don't like parent/teacher nights. Unfortunately it's always the teacher looking at you like you're some kind of horrid parent because your son isn't doing that well and doesn't hand all his stuff in. I've gotten really cranky with teachers like that and tend to tell them off. By the time it's his second year in a school I'm sure they cringe when they see me coming! But that's okay, if I were a horrid parent I wouldn't care about how he does in school and certainly wouldn't go to these interviews just to have them tell me how terrible I am. If they were parents themselves I would hope they would realize this, but it's only the rare few who see past the marks on the paper. Anyways, that's my rant for today. I am home for the game tonight so I'm going to hope it's a good one!!

Side Note - I wrote the above this morning and now that I re-read it it's totally depressing!! I have an awesome 15 (almost 16) year old. He doesn't get into trouble, he's respectful and kind and considerate. We get nothing but compliments on how great he is. The fact that his marks are only in the mid 60's should really not overly upset me because there are so many worse things that could be happening with him at this age. I wouldn't trade him for anyone. For some people, school doesn't really click until they are older and really know what they want to do with their lives. I'm confident that when he figures it all out he'll be exceptionally successful. :-)

Today's pitchers are Toronto's R.A. Dickey going up against Chicago's Chris Sale.

Game Thread Rule Stuff - No arguing with Mods; No GIFS until after the game; No linking to illegal streams; Don't be terrible; Full site rules can be found here; AND no pissing off Tom!