FanPost

d'Arnaud the Fragile?

I am sure most people are aware - but I have not seen anything here on BBB. I wish Travis all the best, but it appears a non-displaced fracture in the first metatarsal of his left foot has him on the side-lines again this season and is currently in a walking boot. In 12 games for Vegas this year, d'Arnaud is hitting .250/.429/.472 with 1 HR and 8 RBI. Not exactly tearing it up.... Last year he missed 60-70 games with a knee injury. My question for discussion is: Do you think the Jays saw something that led them to believe that he was "injury prone" and/or last years injury concerned them enough to make the Dickey move? Knee injuries to catchers at such a young age does not bode well for that player.....at least with respect to sticking at that position. Sorry...cannot use edit to fix the formatting here at work :(