The Blue Jays' 25-Man Roster by Categories

USA TODAY Sports

A quick look at the 2013 Opening Day 25-man roster by the numbers.

Here is a quick post on the Blue Jays' current 25-man roster. On another day I would've included pretty graphs and all but you'll have to settle with text today.

Assembly

How the 25-man roster was built:

5

Drafted: Aaron Loup, Adam Lind, Brett Cecil, Casey Janssen, J.P. Arencibia

6

Free Agency: Darren Oliver, Edwin Encarnacion, Mark DeRosa, Henry Blanco, Melky Cabreral, Maicer Izturis

14

Traded: Mark Buehrle, J.A. Happ, Colby Rasmus, Josh Johnson, Esmil Rogers, Jose Bautista, Steve Delabar, R.A. Dickey, Jeremy Jeffress, Brandon Morrow, Sergio Santos, Rajai Davis, Jose Reyes, Emilio Bonifacio

New Kids on the Block

Who's new, who's returning:

11

New: Mark Buehrle, Josh Johnson, Esmil Rogers, Mark DeRosa, R.A. Dickey, Jeremy Jeffress, Henry Blanco, Melky Cabrera, Jose Reyes, Emilio Bonifacio, Maicer Izturis

14

Returning: Aaron Loup, Adam Lind, J.A. Happ, Colby Rasmus, Brett Cecil, Darren Oliver, Edwin Encarnacion, Jose Bautista, Casey Janssen, J.P. Arencibia, Steve Delabar, Brandon Morrow, Sergio Santos, Rajai Davis

Birthplace

Where the each player first came into the World:

2

Venezuela: Henry Blanco, Maicer Izturis

6

Dominican Republic: Edwin Encarnacion, Melky Cabrera, Esmil Rogers, Jose Bautista, Jose Reyes, Emilio Bonifacio

17

United States:Aaron Loup, Adam Lind, Brett Cecil, Casey Janssen, J.P. Arencibia, Darren Oliver, Mark DeRosa, Mark Buehrle, J.A. Happ, Colby Rasmus, Josh Johnson, Steve Delabar, R.A. Dickey, Jeremy Jeffress, Brandon Morrow, Sergio Santos, Rajai Davis

Handedness

How the 25-man roster bats and throws:

13

Hits and throws right: Edwin Encarnacion, Esmil Rogers, Jose Bautista, Casey Janssen, J.P. Arencibia, Mark DeRosa, Steve Delabar, R.A. Dickey, Jeremy Jeffress, Brandon Morrow, Sergio Santos, Rajai Davis, Henry Blanco

5

Hits and throws left: Aaron Loup, Adam Lind, Mark Buehrle, J.A. Happ, Colby Rasmus

3

Switch hits and throws right: Jose Reyes, Emilio Bonifacio, Maicer Izturis

1

Switch hits and throws left: Melky Cabrera

2

Hits right and throws left: Brett Cecil, Darren Oliver

1

Hits left and throws right: Josh Johnson