Tonight's Batting Order

Rob Carr

I kind of like this order, minus Blanco being in but he's going to catch Dickey, so we'll go along with it. Kawasaki isn't really a leadoff hitter, but then no one else there is a leadoff hitter, so why not use that guy who is doing pretty well at the moment.

Lind's OBP is .380 (small sample warning and all). His last 9 plate appearances he's walked 6 times. Might as well see if he can do that in front of Jose Bautista.

Melky Cabrera hasn't had a great start to the year, hitting .266/.322/.304 in 20 games. Who knows, moving him might spur something. He only has 2 extra base hits so far. Maybe things are getting better, he does have 6 hits in his last 17 at bats.

Brett Lawrie has 4 hits in his last 16 at bats. He seems to be getting his timing back. Whether he's hitting or not, I'd much rather have him out there than Mark DeRosa. Brett's defense is much more fun to watch.

Maicer Izturis? Nope, no small sample fun to be had with his numbers. He has 2 singles in his last 22 at bats, dropping his average to a fun .158. Add in that his last walk was 10 days ago....it isn't pretty.

Anyway, what do you think about this batting order?