Adam Lind On Paternity List, Brad Lincoln Called Up

Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports

Adam Lind goes on the paternity list. He will miss at least one game but can miss up to 3 while on the list. Lind seems to have learned how to take a walk, he's got 11 on the season but then hasn't hit a home run yet. His batting line is .244/.394/.317 in 17 games.

To take Adam's spot, the Jays are calling up Brad Lincoln. Brad has pitched in 5 game for the Bisons. He is 1-0 with a 4.50 ERA, 8 innings, 6 hits, 2 home runs, 3 walks and 10 strikeouts.

So we are back to 8 guys in the pen, I really hate that, but it seems to be the thing we do. The strange part is that our pitchers are going deeper into games, we don't need 8 relievers. Why not give Anthony Gose 3 games to show what he can do. Or Jim Negrych is hitting .500 with 2 home runs. It's not like we have anyone doing much at second base at the moment. I guess Negrych isn't on the 40-man, though we have an open spot. Or Moises Sierra and let Jose Bautista DH for a couple of games. Moises is hitting .400 in the first 24 Bison games.

I don't understand the reasoning, but I hope Brad Lincoln gets a chance to show what he can do. I'd rather him in a game that Aaron Laffey.

Update: A couple of added notes. Miguel Batista goes on the Bison's DL. Clint Everts is called up to Buffalo off the Fisher Cats' DL.

Update (from Minor Leaguer): Batista was placed on DL with a minor right shin contusion (ie. bruising). It's a 7-day DL and his last start was April 22 so it only pushes him back a couple of days while creating some roster room. Typical minor league strategy.