Mama Told Me There'd Be Weeks Like These Links for Saturday April 27, 2013

Jim McIsaac

My apologies for no links articles yesterday. My laptop HDD decided to do its best impersonation of the Blue Jays offense this week so I had to get a replacement and then rebuild everything which is why I haven't been here a lot lately or watched many of the games. It seems I didn't miss much.

GAME RECAPS

Blue Jays lose to Yankees, injuries pile up | Toronto Star
The Star's Recap: Jays starter Josh Johnson scratched with triceps tightness. Cervelli, Nova exit hurt.

Sloppy Blue Jays drop second straight to Yankees - Sportsnet.ca
Sportsnet Recap: The early-season misery continued for the Toronto Blue Jays as a dodgy spot start by Aaron Laffey and some sloppy play led to a 6-4 loss to the New York Yankees Friday.

JAYS LINKS

The Blue Jay Hunter: Blue Jays Fans Are Getting a Bad Rap
Jerkball?

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: The Pat Borders/Linda Hamilton Look-Alike Photo
I didn't even know this was a myth. Linda Hamilton? Whaa? BTW, in 1992 Linda Hamilton had arms that put many men (including yours truly) to shame thanks to her role in Terminator 2: The Last Good Terminator Movie.

MLB LINKS

MLB: Nationals one-hit Reds again | Toronto Star
Back to back one hitters, but more of note was the on-field reporter getting a Gatorade bath.

Sanchez strikes out club-record 17 vs. Braves - Sportsnet.ca
Anibal Sanchez struck out 17 in eight marvelous innings for Detroit, confounding the Atlanta Braves in a dazzling performance Friday night and leading the Tigers to a 10-0 victory.

Currently historic: A new strikeout king?
From Hardball Times: Does Adam Dunn have a challenger? Just how much is Joey Votto going to reach base? Pathetic Fantasy Team Note: Come on NL Pitchers stop walking Votto!! You're killing me!

Smart defense vs. smart offense
From Hardball Times: Are defenses out-innovating hitters?

Cooperstown Confidential: The wild life of George Brunet
From Hardballtimes: He was the game's ultimate travelling man and lived a baseball life like no one else.

Breaking: Rajai Davis May Read NotGraphs | NotGraphs Baseball
Notgraphs has a fan in Rajai?

The Worst of the Best: The Week’s Wildest Swings | FanGraphs Baseball
Head and Shoulders above the rest... Trout goes fishing

The Worst of the Best: The Week’s Wildest Pitches | FanGraphs Baseball
Jeff Sullivan's wildest pitches for your amusement.

The Coolest Baseball GIF of All Time | FanGraphs Baseball
Efficiency. Throwing five pitches at once.

TODAY IN BASEBALL HISTORY

Baseball History April 27th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1982 Reggie Jackson, who left the Bronx when the team decided not to renew his contract, returns to Yankee Stadium as an Angel, and to the delight of the New York crowd, hits a long home run contributing to California's 3-1 rain-shortened victory over the home team. The fans show their displeasure about losing 'Mr. October' to free agency by chanting "Steinbrenner Sucks" as Jackson rounded the bases while the Yankee owner stands defiantly in his box.