Sunday Bloody Sunday April 28, 2013 Links

Mike Stobe

Another day, another close frustrating loss. Whatever the Yanks have right now, the Jays don't. Onto the links.

GAME RECAPS

Blue Jays: Travis Hafner’s three-run HR powers Yankees to victory | Toronto Star
The Star's Recap: Jose Bautista and Brett Lawrie homer but Blue Jays still lose 5-4 to New York Yankees, their ninth loss in their last 12 games.

Frustrated Toronto Blue Jays blow two leads in loss to Yankees | MLB | Sports | National Post
National Post's Recap: This is the team that everyone expected to pile on. Instead, it simply cannot seem to catch up

JAYS LINKS

Toronto Blue Jays’ Josh Johnson gets good news after MRI | MLB | Sports | National Post
Josh Johnson is scheduled to start throwing again in a day or two after receiving encouraging news about his triceps injury

Toronto Blue Jays’ Ricky Romero is impressive in first minor-league start | MLB | Sports | National Post
The news was painful, the exile frustrating at first, but Ricky Romero has taken an impressive first step on his comeback trail

MLB LINKS

Giancarlo Stanton breaks home run drought with tape-measure shot over previously damaged scoreboard | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: Giancarlo Stanton's home run drought finally ended on Saturday night. Boy did it. In his 18th game (he actually needed 20 games to start last season, but who's counting?)

Who will be baseball’s next 300-game winner? | Toronto Star
The days of the 300-game winner appear to be numbered, but some younger candidates might have an outside shot — if everything goes exactly right.

TODAY IN FRUSTRATING BASEBALL HISTORY

Baseball History April 28th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1985 After the Yankees get off to a 6-10 start, skipper Yogi Berra is fired and replaced by Billy Martin, who is returning to manage the club for the fourth time. The fired manager vows not to return to Yankee Stadium for as long as George Steinbrenner is the owner of the team, and it will take 14 years for the two to reconcile. FYI, the Yanks finished 2 games behind the Jays for the AL East.