Blue Jays draftee Jake Eliopoulos passes away at 21

First tweeted by his sister then confirmed by Blue Jays PR department, Jake Eliopoulos has passed away. No word on the how it happened.

Eliopoulos was drafted by the Blue Jays in the 2nd round of the 2009 draft but didn't come to terms with the team. In 2010 he was drafted by the Dodgers in the 15th round and again didn't sign. The Jays tried again drafted him in the 43rd round of the 2011 draft and again didn't sign.

Jake was just 21. He was Ukrainian born, but was adopted by a Canadian family and he grew up in Newmarket, Ontario. He pitched for the Canadian Junior team in 2009.

Our condolences to his family.