Thursday BBB Links: Extra Inning Heartbreak Edition

Nights like this make you wonder "where is Nester Molina these days?" and then you remember he's getting smacked around at AAA at age 24 - Tom Szczerbowski

At least this game had it's moments for the Jays. Jose Bautista's wrists looked mighty functional for example. This morning's links look the shoulder of Sergio Santos, the temper of Bautista and the scary-goodness of Yu Darvish. Enjoy!

Sometimes Mark Reynolds is going to hit home runs. This is an unfortunate fact of life that put a damper on an excellent day by Brandon Morrow and some late heroics from Jose Bautista. The bats haven't arrived from Dunedin just yet but it's far, far, far too early to panic. A nice alternative to panicking is indulging in some morning links.

JAYS LINKS

Davidi on Blue Jays: tough loss to Indians - Sportsnet.ca

"Brandon Morrow kept the Blue Jays in the game and Jose Bautista tied the score with a ninth-inning inning home run, but it wasn’t enough for the Blue Jays, who lost to the Indians in 11 innings."

Blue Jays pitcher Sergio Santos insists shoulder worries are behind him | MLB | Sports | National Post

He's pitching on consecutive days so Gibbons can't be that concerned

Bautista defends protests against umpires; Blanco to catch Dickey's next start - The Globe and Mail

Who's surprised about the second half of that headline?

Davidi on Blue Jays: Umpire talk frustrates Bautista - Sportsnet.ca

Quite the quotation from Bautista, "I have trouble more than other players dealing with my production being affected by somebody else's mediocrity"

AL EAST LINKS

Examining the Orioles' Ideal Platoon Lineups - Camden Chat

"How should the team deploy its hitters?"

Thoughts On The Rays' fWAR - DRaysBay

"Why have the Rays won more games than their WAR expects?"

Do the Red Sox have a fireman in Andrew Bailey? - Over the Monster

"Andrew Bailey played the fireman in Monday's win over the Yankees. Is this his role for the coming season?"

The Road Ahead: Red Sox April Match Ups Will Provide Early Yard Stick - BoSox Injection - A Boston Red Sox Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More

"The Red Sox' three-game set in the Bronx against the Yankees that kicks off their 2013 campaign is just the first test in what will be a rigorous April schedule"

Cano says his focus remains on baseball, not rap - Sportsnet.ca

"A day after getting rid of agent Scott Boras in favour of Jay-Z's Roc Nation Sports and baseball agent Brodie Van Wagenen, Robinson Cano says his focus remains on baseball."

THE REST OF THE BASEBALL UNIVERSE LINKS

A Small Assortment of Batter Times to First | FanGraphs Baseball

I had no idea Michael Morse was so slow...

Dodgers notes: Clayton Kershaw contract extension not imminent - MLB Daily Dish

I don't see it happening but it's fun to imagine what kind of contract Kershaw could get as a free agent after the 2014 season if he keeps up his current pace.

Houston has problems but unorthodox approach is still the right one | The Strike Zone - SI.com

A look into the what makes the Houston Astros tick. There are definitely snarky comments to be made here but the reality is that this is a team on the right track, however ugly 2013 will be.

Yu Darvish, Now Throwing Harder | FanGraphs Baseball

Quite the terrifying proposition.

San Jose mayor seeks meeting with Selig for update on A's - MLB - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice

"Saying he hopes to keep the matter out of the courts, San Jose mayor Chuck Reed has requested a meeting with Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig to discuss the Oakland A's pursuit of a San Jose ballpark."

Power Rankings: Don't overreact to these way-too-early overreactions - MLB - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice

CBS tries to be tongue-in-cheek about not drawing too many conclusions about the first couple of days of baseball and yet they have the Dodgers jumping 6 spots based on Clayton Kershaw having one awesome day.

NON-BASEBALL LINK OF THE DAY

BBC News - Exhaled breath is unique fingerprint

Scientists report that compounds present in breath are unique to individuals - a "breathprint" - and could be exploited in a range of medical applications.