When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left - Red Sox @ Blue Jays - GameThread April 5, 2013

USA TODAY Sports

Let the booing of John Farrell begin!!

There is still a couple of feet of snow in my back yard. Just figured I'd let you all know about that. Now I know I have a horrid memory, but I'm sure that by this time every year the snow is pretty much all gone. Maybe a spot or two lingering, but not a couple of feet.

So today, instead of being supremely depressed, I am going to embrace the cold and snow blowing outside my window. I'm going to pull my winter coat back out of the spare closet (where it's been sitting for a whole week as I eagerly anticipated warm Spring weather) and find the mitts and touque once more. Really there are a lot of pluses to more snow. I won't have to mow the grass for a very long time (takes about an hour and a half on a riding mower to do the acreage). Don't have to worry about planting and attempting to grow a garden (I tend to forget to water). NO WEEDS!! So let the snow blow, let it fall in multitudes upon me, because I am ready! I still have the winter tires on my car.

Our pitchers for this evening are Toronto's Josh Johnson going up against Boston's Felix Doubront.

Game Thread Rule Stuff – No arguing with Mods; No GIFS until after the game; No linking to illegal streams; Don’t be terrible; Full site rules can be found here; AND no pissing off Tom (old & cranky)

Tom wanted me to put up the Leader board info from last night:

The leader board program wasn't working last night, we had 1627 comments from 75 members. Way to go STZ513!!

# Commenter # Comments
1 STZ513 97
2 Bowling_Guy25 91
3 rdave30 81