Simmering Saturday April 6, 2013 Links

Now I know why Mets Fans really loved Jose Reyes - USA TODAY Sports

Awesome game last night... right? Give the Jays credit for coming back, but ugh. Here are some Sat links for your reading pleasure (sort of.)

GAME RECAPS

John Farrell, Boston Red Sox get last laugh in series-opening win over Toronto Blue Jays | MLB | Sports | National Post
National Post recap: On Friday evening, more than 45,000 people came to the Rogers Centre to boo an old Toronto Blue Jay

Toronto Blue Jays fall flat against Boston Red Sox | Toronto Star
The Red Sox took advantage of the home side’s sloppy defence and came away with a 6-4 victory.

Full Count " Closing Time: John Farrell, Red Sox turn back crowd, Blue Jays for win
Tolerable Recap from the Boston Side. Note: This was the only one that didn't set off my blood boiling reading the entire way through.

JAYS LINKS

Toronto Blue Jays’ fans give former manager John Farrell not-so-warm welcome against Boston Red Sox | MLB | Sports | National Post
Former Toronto manager John Farrell returned to Rogers Centre to boos with his Boston Red Sox on Friday

Blue Jays’ slow start raises questions | Toronto Star
Jose Bautista chirping, R.A. Dickey’s catcher, Brett Lawrie injury amond early Toronto storylines.

MLB LINKS

MLB: Josh Hamilton gets rough ride in Texas return | Toronto Star
Former Rangers slugger cheered for striking out twice in Angels loss. Note: And you thought Toronto was sore about Farrell?

The Worst of the Best: The Week’s Wildest Pitches | FanGraphs Baseball
FG looks at the wildest pitches of the week.

The Worst of the Best: The Week’s Wildest Swings | FanGraphs Baseball
Jeff Sulivan's 1st wildest swings of the week

Full Count " Red Sox notes: Jose Iglesias day-to-day after suffering arm injury
I'm surprised Jose went out there after being hit that hard. That's one tough guy.

There's no word for "pitch count" in Japan - Baseball Nation
What happens when a high-school pitcher throws more pitches in a week than major leaguers throw in a month?

How to mess with a Blue Jays fan in five easy steps - Baseball Nation
Humor!

TODAY IN BASEBALL HISTORY

Baseball History April 6th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1973 On Opening Day at Three Rivers Stadium in front of record crowd of 51,695, the Pirates retire Roberto Clemente's uniform number 21 posthumously. The Pittsburgh right fielder died in a plane crash on New Year's Eve attempting to bring relief aid to earthquake-stricken Managua, Nicaragua.

1988 The Blue Jays’ reluctant designated hitter, George Bell, follows up his three home run Opening Day performance going 5-for-5 (three singles and two doubles) leading Toronto over the Royals, 11-4. Considered a defensive liability, last year’s American League MVP will return to left field full time.

2009 In Florida's 12-6 victory over the Nationals at Dolphin Stadium, Emilio Bonifacio hits an inside-the-park home run, the first on Opening Day since Red Sox outfielder Carl Yastrzemski accomplished the feat in 1968. The round-tripper, one of four hits for the Marlins' third baseman, is the first big league homer of his career.