Blue Jays 0 Red Sox 13: That was awful

I can't imagine being this drunk. - Tom Szczerbowski

One of those terrible games. The nice part is: I have beer.

Red Sox 13 Blue Jays 0

That's one to forget:

  • The knuckleball didn't. R.A. Dickey gave up 8 runs in 4.2.
  • David Bush came in and was just as bad.
  • The only bright spot was Brett Cecil, he allowed just 1 walk in his 1.1, with 3 strikeouts.

And we didn't do much on offense, just 6 singles on the day, 2 for Jose Reyes.

I guess the defense was ok, Melky Cabrera threw one well over the Blanco, attempting to get a runner at the plate. Fortunately. Dickey was backing it up. Only one passed ball for Blanco, but then the knuckleball wasn't dancing today, rarely did one get to Blanco, mot were hit.

Will Middlebrooks had 3 home runs for the Red Sox.

The game sucked, but it was just one game. The Jays are off to Detroit, for a series starting Tuesday. Three games, all afternoon games.

Not surprisingly, our GameThread numbers were down, only 925 comments from 62 commenters. Nice that most of us took the loss for what it was, one game.

Congratulations Maple Man.

# Commenter # Comments
2 MjwW 65
3 shortofbrillant 63