Blue Jays 3 Tigers 7: We could start winning any time now, please

Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 3 Tigers 7

I usually enjoy listening to a baseball game on a long drive. Today, not so much. XM radio gave me the Tiger's radio feed. They kept saying that Brandon Morrow didn't look right, or comfortable or something. And the results seem to suggest they were right.

Things were ok (at least as far as the score was concerned), until 2 out in the fourth inning, then it went down hill in a hurry. Singles by Austin Jackson and Torii Hunter, set up a three run homer from Miguel Cabrera. That turned a 2-1 game into a 5-1 game, ended Morrow's day and any real chance of the Jays winning. Morrow's line, 3.2 innings, 9 hits, 5 earned, 2 walks and no strikeouts. Something wasn't right.

The bullpen did alright, until Darren Oliver got into the game. He gave up 2 more runs, 1 earned, 1 helped along by a Maicer Izturis error. Brett Cecil was especially good, going 1.1 allowing just a walk.

On offense, well we didn't have much offense except for Jose Reyes and Melky Cabrera, who went 5 for 8, all singles, between them, from the first two spots in the order. The rest of the lineup was 3 for 27. Beyond that, Emilio Bonifacio had a triple, Colby Rasmus hit a homer and Adam Lind had a double. J.P. Arencibia had a home run stolen from him by a leaping Don Kelly in left field. It seems like that's been our season, so far.

Jays of the Day: No one. Melky had the high mark at .081 WPA.

Suckage Numbers go to: Brandon (-.284), Jose Bautista (-.119) and Edwin Encarnacion (-.093).

The GameThread was pretty good, for an afternoon loss. 60 commenters put up 935 comments.

# Commenter # Comments
2 L0ngBau 80
3 Belisarius 66
4 Alan F. 47
5 Gerse 37
6 Bargain D 36
7 brigstew 34
8 jays182 33
9 rdave30 29
10 domefan 29
11 Diamond_D86 27
12 GatorJay 27
13 STZ513 26
14 MapleMan 24
15 Janz_V84 23
16 Jeremiah Stanghini 19
17 Jakerrr 18
18 ColbysLocks 18
19 Goldenhawk99 16
20 KD1 15
21 JaysCraze 14
22 McBluejays 13
23 ABsteve 12
24 Emily G 11
25 elpikiman 11
26 Justorbs 11

Good job Bowling Guy.

Tomorrow is another afternoon game. Mark Buehrle goes up against Rick Porcello. I'm hoping it will be a better game to listen to, for our trip home.

Blue Jay Tickets.