Edwin Encarnacion Named Blue Jay Player of the Month

Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports

The Toronto members of the BBWAA voted Edwin Encarnacion the Honda Player of the Month. He might only be hitting .238 but he has 9 home runs and 20 RBI to lead the team in both categories. It would be pretty hard to argue the choice. 7 of those home runs came in the Jays last 7 days, so maybe he should be player of the last week or so.

It is Edwin's 3 consecutive Player of the Month and his 4th since the start of last season.

Others getting votes were Casey Janssen, J.P. Arencibia (Really? Who voted for him? Take his membership away and give it to me. ), J.A. Happ and Brett Cecil.

If they gave you a vote, who would have you picked?