Tuesday BBB Links: Deserved Day Off Edition

There are three happy human beings in this picture. - Jared Wickerham

A 4-3 road trip at Tampa Bay and Boston has to be taken as a good sign. The Blue Jays have dug themselves a fairly massive hole and a week like last week could be the first step to finding their way out. Today's links include Ricky Romero's continued struggles, Bryce Harper's magical swing and the biggest balloon dog around.

Just as the Blue Jays deserved their day off so too do you deserve your links. Enjoy.

JAYS LINKS

Toronto Blue Jays The Week That Was: May 6-12 - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
A look at a fairly decent week for Blue Jays nation.

Blue Jays Rotation Stepped Up At Fenway - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
Very true, not that Jenkins or Ortiz can be counted on for much down the road.

Romero's struggles continue in the Minors | bluejays.com: News

"Ricky Romero's stint with Triple-A Buffalo has gotten off to a rough start. Toronto's former ace made his debut with the Bisons on Saturday and saw his prolonged struggles on the mound continue. He surrendered six runs on 10 hits while walking five in 3 2/3 innings."

Davidi: Dickey hoping the worst is over - Sportsnet.ca
"There are numerous factors that have contributed to R.A. Dickey's decline this season, but like the rest of his team the Blue Jays ace is hoping the worst is behind him."

AL EAST LINKS

Chicago Cubs targeting Jacoby Ellsbury? - Over the Monster
"Are the Chicago Cubs out to snag Jacoby Ellsbury in free agency?"

Joba Chamberlain publicly snips at Mariano Rivera, creates unnecessary spectacle - Pinstriped Bible
"Stop me if you've heard this before: Joba Chamberlain is causing a scene. This time, he decided to snip at Mariano Rivera in full view of the media."

Is Evan Longoria really this good? - DRaysBay
"Definitely not, but maybe."

Orioles GIFs of the Week - Camden Chat
"Has anybody ever made a GIF of you doing your job? If you are a player on the Baltimore Orioles then the answer might be yes."

THE REST OF THE BASEBALL UNIVERSE LINKS

Top seven storylines from this MLB season so far - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN
"Here are the top seven storylines from this MLB season so far according to FOXSports.coms Jon Paul Morosi."

Now more than ever, it's three strikes you're out at the old ballgame - MLB - Joe Lemire - SI.com
"Three times in four days last week, a starting pitcher came within one base hit of a perfect nine innings, starting with the Mets' Matt Harvey last Tuesday and then the Red Sox' Jon Lester and Cardinals Shelby Miller both on Friday. If not for a ninth-inning error behind him on Sunday night, the White Sox' Chris Sale would have made it four such starts in six days."

Bryce Harper: A swing of beauty - Washington Post
"Twenty years old, Bryce Harper has a technique for the ages."

Stock Watch: Shelby Miller tops list (even if he didn't top Bob Gibson) - CBSSports.com
"Pirates relievers Mark Melancon and Jason Grilli plus Rays third baseman Evan Longoria join Miller as this week's Bulls."

Last remaining teammates
"A look at the last surviving teammates of all-time great players"

NON-BASEBALL LINK OF THE DAY

BBC - Culture - Frieze gets bolder at 2013 New York art fair
"When New York’s Frieze opened in 2012, some decried a ‘British invasion’. Georgina Adam finds this year’s fair a bold hit that has shaken up the art market." Who doesn't like 80 foot tall balloon dogs?