Jays Injury News: Sergio Santos to have elbow surgery and much more.

Sergio Santos - Derick Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

Injury news a plenty.

So, several little bits of Blue Jay news....none of it good. First:

Well, it isn't Tommy John surgery. Thank heaven for small mercies.

There is no timetable for his return.

And....

  • Brandon Morrow is being pushed back again, now he is to start on Saturday. Ramon Ortiz gets the start that Morrow was to make tomorrow.
  • Now it is Dickey tonight, Ortiz tomorrow. Then Buehrle, Morrow and Dickey on the weekend against the Yankees. Maybe Jenkins on Tuesday.
  • That's not all, of course. Melky Cabrera is going to have an MRI on his legs. He is having 'hamstring tightness' and the Jays would like to make sure it isn't something more serious. With our luck, it will be.
  • J.A. Happ knees are still sore and he is resting in Florida. He's not likely to be back for a month.
  • Josh Johnson has started throwing long toss. In a few days he should be throwing off a mound. He's still weeks away from returning.

This season has been so much fun. It reminds me of the Bob Dylan song, Everything is Broken. Broken pitchers, on broken mounds.

I'm starting to think we should change laundry detergent. Everyone that puts on a Blue Jay uniform gets hurt. Must be the detergent. Right? Too much fabric softener? It gets into their bones and softens them? It makes as much sense as anything else.

Tonight's line up:

Melky Cabrera DH, Jose Bautista, RF, Edwin Encarnacion 1B, Mark DeRosa 2B, Brett Lawrie 3B, Maicer Izturis SS, Colby Rasmus CF, Henry Blanco C, Emilio Bonifacio, 2B

Yeah, that's DeRosa batting cleanup. It is hard to believe. On the flip side, I'm liking Bautista in the 2 spot.