Blue Jays 10 Giants 6: R.A. Dickey strikes out 10

USA TODAY Sports

Giants 6 Blue Jays 10

That first inning was the most fun we've had this season. A hit around first. I wonder when we did that last? 6 runs score, and we didn't have an extra base hit in the inning. Melky Cabrera started things off by reaching on a Pablo Sandoval error, followed by a Jose Bautista walk. Then we had singles from Edwin Encarnacion, Mark DeRosa, Brett Lawrie, Colby Rasmus, Emilio Bonifacio and Cabrera. By the time Jose Bautista lined out to end it, we had a 6-0 lead.

We picked up 3 more runs in the 6th. Singles by Cabrera and Bautista. RBI hits for Encarnacion, Adam Lind and Lawrie. Our last run came in the 7th, Cabrera doubled in Emilo Bonifacio.

In all, we had 18 hits, 13 singles and 5 doubles. Melky had 4 hits and, with the Sandoval error, he reached base every time up. Lawie had 3 hits, 2 doubles. Bautista, Encarnacion, Ramus and Bonifacio had 2 hits. Brett gets his average up to .200 and Emilio gets close to that mark, .198. If those two can get rolling, we'll have an offense.

R.A. Dickey had a much better start, 6 innings, 6 hits, 2 walks and 10 strikeouts. Just 2 earned runs. 2 walks and a single, in the second cost him the first fun. Then a solo homer from Brandon Belt, in the 4th got the Giants their second run. R.A. seemed to lose control of his knuckleball in the second inning and I thought he wasn't going to last long, but it got it back. That the first time this season that R.A. got into double figures in strikeouts. Let's hope he keeps getting better.

Brett Cecil pitched a scoreless inning. Brad Lincoln gave up a run in the 8th, then 3 more in the 9th, before Esmil Rogers came in to get the last out. Between walking in the winning run last Thursday and giving up 4 runs tonight, Lincoln isn't earning fans.

Speaking of not earning fans. Maicer Izturis doubled, in the 5th, and then decided to try to steal 3rd. He was out by 10 feet. John Gibbons did not look pleased.

Jays of the Day are Edwin (.143 WPA), R.A. (.131) and Melky (.100).

Suckage Jays, by the numbers, no one would get the award, Blanco has the low number at -.035, but I'm giving one to Lincoln. I figure any reliever that gives up 4 earned runs should get a suckage award.

Another nice GameThread, 988 comments (despite some troubles that SB Nation was battling through), from 50 commenters. expos&nordiques4ever's gritty performance led the way.

# Commenter # Comments
1 expos&nordiques4ever 97
2 craig in calgary 76
3 Alan F. 57