Who's Up, Who's Down On the Blue Jays In the Last Two Weeks: May 3 to 16, Pitchers

R.A. Dickey - Tom Szczerbowski

We looked at the batters earlier today, now lets look at the pitchers, over the past two weeks. The pitchers had a 4.98 ERA over the last two weeks and still we still went 7-5. I'm glad the offense has hit it's stride.

Batters

Arrow_around_3_medium

R.A. Dickey

R.A. had 3 starts, he went 6 innings in each, Two of the starts were pretty good, one was terrible, he gave up 3 home runs and 7 earned, against the Mariners. In total 18 innings, 17 hits, 11 earned, 9 walks, 20 strikeouts. Batters hit .246/.333/.536 against him.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Mark Buehrle

Two starts for Mark, one was terrible, 6 innings, 9 hits, 7 earned (all in the one inning), 2 walks, 5 k. The other was his best start of the season, 7 innings, 5 hits, 1 earned, 2 walks, 5 k. So in all, he went 13 innings, and 12 of them were shut out innings, it was just the 7 runs that scored in that one inning that wrecked things. Batters hit .275/.327/.431 against him.

Arrow_up_3

Brandon Morrow

He only made the one start over the two weeks, but it was his best start of the season. 8 innings, 3 hits, 2 earned, 5 walks (4 of the walks came in the same inning), 8 k.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

J.A. Happ

He had the one start and was hit my the line drive in the 2nd inning. The good news is that he wasn't hurt badly by the ball hitting his head, but he sprained his knee falling. No surgery needed, back in June.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Josh Johnson

Triceps sorness will keep him out until June.

Arrow_up_3

Casey

Janssen

Casey only pitched four times in the last two weeks. 3 saves, 4 innings, 1 hit, 0 walks, 2 k. I wish Gibbons would use him in a tie,.

Arrow_up_3

Steve Delabar

Pitched in 4 games, 5 innings, 4 hits, 1 earned, 1 home run, 1 walk, 4 k. Batters hit .222/.263/.444 against him.

Arrow_up_3

Aaron Loup

Aaron got in 4 games too (you think maybe we don't need an 8 man bullpen?). 4 games, 7 innings, 6 hits, 2 earned, 1 homer, 1 intentional walk, 6 k. Batters hit .240/.259/.400 off him.

Arrow_down_3

Brett Cecil

Brett pitched in 5 games, 5.1 innings, 7 hits, 4 earned, 0 walks, 4 k. 6.75 ERA. Batters hit .394/.304/.435 against him. He's been so good, he is allowed a down.

Arrow_down_3

Esmil Rogers

Esmil pitched in 5 games, 4.1 innings, 5 hits, 4 earned, 1 home run, 2 walks, 3 k. Batters hit .294/.409/.539 against him in those 4.1 innings.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Darren Oliver

4 games, 5 innings, 5 hits, 1 earned, 2 walks, 5 k. Batters hit .294/.368/.412 off him.

Arrow_up_3

Ramon Ortiz

A pretty good two weeks for Ortiz. He gets called up, makes 2 good starts. The first one he went 5 innings, allowed 4 hits, 1 earned, 5 walks, 1 k. The second one he goes 7 innings, allowing 6 hits, 1 earned, 1 walk, 1 k. 12 innings and a 1.50 ERA. I'm not sure he can sustain success averaging only 1 k per 6 innings, but it worked for those two starts. With Johnson, Happ and Morrow missing starts, someone had to step up and Ortiz did.

Arrow_down_3

Brad Lincoln

Lincoln pitched in 4 games, 6 innings, 7 his, 4 earned, 1 home run, 5 walks, 6 strikeouts. Batters hit .292/.414/.458 off him and this is the guy Gibbons chooses to go with in the bottom of the 10th with the winning run on second?

Arrow_up_3

Chad Jenkins

After just 1 start in the minors, after missing most the first month with a sore shoulder, Jenkins gets the call up and goes 5 pretty strong innings against the Red Sox. He did allow 7 hits, but only 1 walk and just 2 earned. Chad earned himself another start.