Blue Jays pre-game tidbits and Bluebird Banter meetup

Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

Bluebird Banter Meetup

The Bluebird Banter Toronto meetup will be happening in just over a week! The event will be held on Saturday, May 25, right after the Blue Jays-Orioles game (around 4:00) at Elephant & Castle at 212 King Street. The reservations were made under "Bluebird Banter." Tom Dakers will make an appearance and may be signing autographs!

Blue Jays Tidbits

  • No roster moves today. The bullpen is still at eight.
  • Per a Bisons release, Dustin McGowan was transferred from Dunedin to Buffalo to continue his rehabilitation. He threw two innings with the D-Jays, striking out four on a single hit. I would think that the Bisons would be McGowan's last stop before being taken off the disabled list (if everything goes well). He'll work out of the bullpen, and the Blue Jays will likely try to test him out on back-to-back days some time in the next three weeks.
  • From Gregor Chisholm, Rajai Davis will start his rehab in Dunedin. He was placed on the 15-day disabled list back on May 11 with a strained oblique, and John Gibbons believes that it is not long-term.
  • Jose Reyes, who lives in New York, re-joined his team at Yankee Stadium as reported by Shi Davidi:
  • Mike Wilner reported that Reyes is still feeling sore in his ankle and is working on strengthening it. His trainer "had to hold him back" from overextending. He stretched, threw, and caught some balls in the infield today. He will also remain with the team (including road trips) until he is ready to start his rehab assignment.
  • Also from Davidi: Josh Johnson is scheduled for a rehab start on May 20 or 21; Chisholm tweeted that there is no exact date but will be "start of next week."
  • Prime Minister Stephen Harper is in New York. I wonder if he'll go to the game!