Blue Jays 1 Red Sox 10: Anyone else tired of losing?

Melky tagged out at second - Tom Szczerbowski

Red Sox 10 Blue Jays 1

Good thing we won the most important game of the season.

Mark Buehrle gives up 3 home runs, a 2 run home to Stephen Drew in the 2nd (how do you give up a home run to Stephan Drew?) and 2 solo homers, to Mike Napoli and Daniel Nava in the 4th. In total, 5 earned, on 7 hits, 3 walks with 1 k in 6.2. At least he's an inning eater. I don't think we want him pitching with the dome closed.

Esmil Rogers came in after Buehrle, with 2 out and 1 on. Esmil is becoming my least favorite reliever. He gave up 2 hits, one another Napoli homer, a walk and 3 earned as well the inherited run.

Justin Germano finished up but by then no one was watching.

On offense we did nothing. 4 hits, one of them a Brett Lawrie triple (also when no one was watching) and singles for Melky Cabrera, Maicer Izturis and Munenori Kawasaki.

No Jay of the Day. Kawasaki had the highest WPA at .020.

Suckage goes to Buehrle (-.149). I'm giving one to Rogers too.

At least the Leafs won right? No? Sorry.

Our GameThread had 576 comments from 38 commenters. Shortofbrillant led the way with 77 comments, gutting it out through a tough game. Too bad the players didn't work so hard.

# Commenter # Comments
1 shortofbrillant 77
2 MjwW 51
3 Hathorian 49