Ricky Romero's start with the Dunedin Blue Jays pushed back until Friday

Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE

Interesting news coming out of Dunedin: Ricky Romero's second start with the Advance-A Dunedin Blue Jays, which was scheduled for today, has been pushed back a day to Friday. Romero was face the Brevard County Manatees and starter Brooks Hall again this evening, but instead top prospect Aaron Sanchez will be taking the hill, according to the D-Jays' website and confirmed by "unnamed sources". Romero is scheduled to go forth and face Manatees' David Goforth on Friday evening instead at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium.

This change in schedule was probably caused by the rain out of the Sanchez's start in Jupiter on Wednesday (Jupiter just had rain, but Saturn is being hit with a giant hurricane). However, Isaac Bolton (@IsaacBlueJays on Twitter) pointed out a couple of tweets from John Lott that may suggest that Romero may have been pushed back just in case Josh Johnson is unable to make his scheduled start Friday:

Of course, Romero's delayed start might very well have been caused by the rain out, but it does open up the possibility of seeing him back in the Rogers Centre on Friday. I don't think that's what the Blue Jays would want to do, nor do I think that will likely happen, but these have become desperate times.

UPDATE

Ricky Romero will indeed be pitching in Toronto this Friday. Full story to come soon: