It's Happening! Anthony Gose Recalled

Anthony just heard the news. - Brad Penner-US PRESSWIRE

Much hyped 22 year old centre fielder Anthony Gose has been called up to the Toronto Blue Jays with right handed reliever Mickey Storey being optioned down to Buffalo.

Gose has hit .227/.341/.327 in Buffalo this year in 178 plate appearances. He also has a 12.4 BB%, which is the highest of his short career showing an increased patience at the plate. If Gose is to succeed in Toronto with this call-up it will be important to show he can hit left handed pitching a little better than he has in his career. Even without the huge numbers at the plate, his defense in the outfield makes up for a lot of his offensive shortcomings.

Mickey Storey appeared in two games with the Blue Jays out of the bullpen giving up 3 earned runs in 3.2 innings pitched. He was always likely to be the unfortunate casualty of the death of the 8-man bullpen, which most Blue Jay fans have been hoping for.

Interesting reminder from Arash Madani about the stance the Blue Jays' brass took during spring training in regards to Gose. If that's still to be believed, it will be interesting to see what the outfield situation is now. Is Gose going to sit on the bench (doubtful)? Is someone being traded? Have the Blue Jays given up on Colby Rasmus in centre field?

For tonight at least, Gose will sit on the bench after the long trip from Buffalo:

Get excited folks, something to look forward to tonight!

More to come....