FanPost

Anthony Gose Recalled From Buffalo

The Toronto Blue Jays have recalled OF Anthony Gose from their AAA affiliate the Buffalo Bisons, and have optioned RHP Micky Storey to Buffalo. Gose's stat line? 40 games played, 35-154 (•227 AVG), 23 BB, •343 OBP, 36 R, 2 home runs, 12 RBIs, 5 SB, and has been caught stealing 4 times.

So not the most impressive stat line, but he does get on base quite a bit. But what I'm wondering is, why did the Jays even call Gose up? Earlier on, Alex Anthopoulos stated that he did not plan on bringing Anthony Gose up to the MLB at all this season. Funnily enough, all that made me think was that Anthopoulos will, in fact, recall Anthony Gose from his AAA assignment. And who would've known?

Will Gose even play much? Are the Jays going to use him to pinch run? They can't try manoeuvring the DH and the outfielders at this point because Adam Lind has really picked up his game, and Melky is hitting quite well. So why not let Gose just play down in Buffalo until he can start for the Jays, instead of calling him up into a limited role!

Are the Blue Jays looking to play him at CF instead of Colby Rasmus? I guess they could do what they were originally doing with Rasmus and Rajai Davis, but what happens when Davis comes back from his injury? Are they just going to send Gose back down to the Buffalo Bisons?

Is someone getting traded? Released? Optioned down to Buffalo? Is this just too much change? Will this move pay off? Will the 22-year old OF be able to contribute in the MLB, or is this just a desperate attempt to turn things around?

However, considering the Jays' poor start, perhaps it would be a smart decision to change things up a bit.