Tuesday BBB Links: Enter Gose Edition

Tough day for Casey yesterday, arguably his first in 2013. - Tom Szczerbowski

Thanks to a clutch bases clearing double by Edwin Encarnacion the Blue Jays prevailed yesterday afternoon against the Rays. Today's links include a profile of Sean Nolin, Miguel Cabrera's greatness and some of the best insects to chow down on.

The Jays look to be on track with a nice win to start the home stand. The offense put up runs, Dickey provided eight quality innings, and Toronto looked like a team to be reckoned with. Time for some victory links.

JAYS LINKS

Encarnacion, Dickey lead Blue Jays past Rays - Sportsnet.ca
"R.A. Dickey scattered four hits over eight innings and Edwin Encarnacion doubled home three runs in the seventh inning to lead the Toronto Blue Jays over the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday afternoon."

Wilner: Blue Jays receive rare timely offence - Sportsnet.ca
"The Toronto Blue Jays have struggled to get important hits when needed this season, but on Monday Edwin Encarnacion came through and changed that in a big way."

Sean Nolin: Next Blue Jays Savior? | FanGraphs Baseball
Hulet weighs in on Sean Nolin, calling him a future number 4 starter. I'd take that.

Fallen confidence knocks Bisons’ Gose off track - Sports - The Buffalo News

It's pretty funny how this article came out hours before Gose was called up. Not that it's not valid. The Gose call up is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Munenori Kawasaki Warming Up | NotGraphs Baseball
Some can't miss Kawasaki GIFs.

Bisons prepare lineup without Anthony Gose - Inside Pitch | The Buffalo News

It's possible that one third of Buffalo's lineup (Sierra, Negrych and Thole) could help the big league club in some way.

With Johnson rehabbing, Jenkins likely to fill rotation | bluejays.com: News
"The next time the Blue Jays have a decision to make on their rotation is Friday, when the Orioles come to town. Josh Johnson is unlikely to make that start, with Chad Jenkins a strong possibility." Jenkins really doesn't inspire confidence but I'm not sure there's a better option.

AL EAST LINKS

Orioles GIFs of the Week - Camden Chat

GIFs are always a winner.

A Jake Odorizzi PITCHf/x scouting report - DRaysBay

A closer look at yet another tough young pitcher the Jays will have to deal with for the next few years.

Daniel Nava strengthening Red Sox outfield's present, and maybe future - Over the Monster

"He's come seemingly out of nowhere, but last year gave us hints of this year's Daniel Nava."

Released Yankees: Where have you gone? - Pinstriped Bible

"The Yankees have released several players in 2013; some from the major league team and some from the minor league team–where are they now?" If only players became far more productive than they had any business being when they left the Yankees.

THE REST OF THE BASEBALL UNIVERSE LINKS

Baseball Will Surprise You — 5/20/13 | FanGraphs Baseball

Jeff Sullivan finds some astonishing happenings from around baseball. Jays content includes a dig at Colby Rasmus and some well deserved admiration for Munenori Kawasaki.

2013 MLB Draft: Players With Signability Questions - Minor League Ball

"Signability is one of the biggest questions with draft picks each year and it is also one of the toughest to predict but this is my view this year."

Baseball's Greatest Player (right?) - Baseball Nation

"With Miguel Cabrera on the fast track to a second Triple Crown, does anybody want to argue that he's not our greatest baseball player?" These type of debates rarely result in a satisfactory conclusion.

Edward Mujica: The Other One Pitch Closer | FanGraphs Baseball

Cameron's take on the next Mariano Rivera type one-pitch pitcher.

National League Central makes case for division in baseball - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

"National League Central makes case for division in baseball." Tough to agree with for the fan of an AL East team, but it's worth thinking about.

NON-BASEBALL LINK OF THE DAY

U.N. Urges Eating Insects; 8 Popular Bugs to Try
"From beetles to butterflies and from ants to stinkbugs, people in dozens of countries regularly eat insects. Here are the most popular types of edible critters."