BBB Meetup Saturday May 25, 2013 Links

Ump with inconsistent strike zone upset that everyone hates his inconsistent strike zone. - Abelimages

Well that was not exactly a stunning debut for Sean Nolin, but sadly not unexpected. It was not a good day for Jays veteran pitching either as the bullpen was lit up for 4 more runs in 7 2/3 innings. Anyway, a friendly reminder of the BBB meetup after today's game at The Elephant & Castle at 212 King St West. Onto the links

GAME RECAPS

Blue Jays: Call-up Nolin knocked around by O’s in big-league debut | Toronto Star
The Star's Recap: Double-A call-up Sean Nolin lasts just 1.1 innings in 10-6 loss to Baltimore; Lawrie, Gibbons ejected early

Toronto Blue Jays’ Sean Nolin rocked in debut, while umpire ejects two | Sports | National Post
The Post's recap: Rookie pitcher Sean Nolin was hit hard, while Brett Lawrie and John Gibbons were ejected in a 10-6 loss to the Baltimore Orioles Friday night

Orioles bash four homers in 10-6 win over the Blue Jays - baltimoresun.com
A Happier Recap: In their third victory in four games, the Orioles hit four homers, including J.J. Hardy's three-run blast to left off Blue Jays rookie Sean Nolin just three batters into the game.

JAYS LINKS

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: A Tribute to Epy Guerrero
Ian looks at the life of the former Jays Superscout.

Blue Jays mailbag: Anthony Gose boosts confidence, thrills fans with his play this week | Toronto Star
Always amusing: In this week’s edition of Richard Griffin’s mailbag, fans are getting restless as they question why former Jays are doing so well and wonder if it’s the coaching across all levels.

Blue Jays: The six Jays who must step up to turn 2013 around: Griffin | Toronto Star
Griff day continues: The month of May has seen some improvement from the Jays, but if they really want to turn their season around, a half-dozen key members of the team have make a greater contribution.

Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion take us to a different type of driving range (Video) | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: You've gone to the driving range before. But have you ever gone to the driving range the way Toronto Blue Jays sluggers Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion recently went to the driving range?

MLB LINKS

Florida Marlins pitcher Alex Sanabia claims ignorance about spitballs | Sports | National Post
Miami Marlins pitcher Alex Sanabia said he didn't know it was illegal to spit directly onto a baseball. Links note: Yeah sure.

Indians manager Terry Francona and Red Sox announcer Don Orsillo engage in playful wrestling match (Video) | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: Poor Don Orsillo. All he wanted to do was get a word with former Red Sox skipper Terry Francona, who now holds the same position with the Cleveland Indians

Bizarre play and blown call leads to phantom 3-6-3 double play for Rangers (Video) | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: Weird baseball reached a whole new level on Friday night in Seattle. Links Note: Yeah Bud, no one is clamoring for instant replay at all because umps never blow calls.

The Juice: Professional spoiler Joe Mauer ends Anibal Sanchez’s no-hit bid with ninth inning single | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: Well played Mauer, well played.

It continues: Yankees lose Curtis Granderson (again) to broken knuckle on left hand | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: As the old, unfortunately fitting cliche goes, Curtis Granderson and the New York Yankees can't catch a break when it comes to injuries this season. Links note: At least it wasn't the Jays this time.

The Worst of the Best: The Week’s Wildest Pitches | FanGraphs Baseball
3rd place belongs to "Hungry Like the Wolf"

The Worst of the Best: The Week’s Wildest Swings | FanGraphs Baseball
Congrats to Brett for inducing the wildest swing of the week.

TODAY IN BASEBALL HISTORY

Baseball History May 25th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1922 After being called out for trying to stretch a single into double, Babe Ruth throws dirt the umpire's eye, then goes after a heckler in the stands, and finishes his tirade by standing on the dugout roof calling the crowd "yellow" cowards. These actions will result in a one game suspension, a $200 fine, and will cost the 'Bambino' his Yankee captaincy, a position he has held for less than a week (and then renamed himself Metta World Peace OG.)