Small Sunday May 26, 2013 Links

Tom Szczerbowski

Tough loss, but what are you going to do? It was a good time after post game at the BBB Meetup. I was pleasantly surprised to discover there are humans behind the handles and avatars. Hopefully today's game will have a much better conclusion.

GAME RECAPS

Baltimore vs Toronto - Recap - MLB - Sports - CBC.ca
CP/CBC: Recap for yesterday's game

Blue Jays, Dickey fall to Orioles | Toronto Star
The Star's Recap: Knuckleballer R.A. Dickey allows six Baltimore runs with roof open at Rogers Centre.

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jays' P Josh Johnson continues rehab work
Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Josh Johnson took another step back toward the majors on Saturday, pitching four shutout innings for the Jays' Triple-A affiliate in Buffalo.

MLB LINKS

Rick Anderson and pitching to contact
From Hardball Times: Minnesota's pitching coach finds his philosophy at odds with that of the organization

Nationals second baseman Steve Lombardozzi ‘knees’ ball to first base for improbable assist | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: Remember when we brought you the clip of Heath Bell belly flopping around on the Chase Field infield while attempting to field Will Venable's bunt on Saturday?

Brandon McCarthy shares his batting practice playlist with Twitter followers | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: The best thing about Brandon McCarthy is that he's always in Brandon McCarthy mode.

TODAY IN HEARTBREAKING HISTORY

Baseball History May 26th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1959 Pirates' hurler Harvey Haddix pitches 12 perfect innings, but loses 1-0 to the Braves in the 13th inning. The heart-breaking winning run scores on a Don Hoak error, a sacrifice, a walk and a two-bagger by Joe Adcock.