Meltdown: recap of Ricky Romero's outing for the Buffalo Bisons against the Durham Bulls

Tom Szczerbowski

Ricky Romero started for the Buffalo Bisons today against the Durham Bulls and stunk it up again. He threw 32 pitches, only 13 were for strikes. Most importantly, only one swinging strike was recorded. That's bad. I have no idea what's next for Ricky Romero.

Pitching line

0.2 IP, 8 ER, 5 H, 3 BB, 0 K, 1 HR, 32 pitches, 13 strikes, 10 batters faced, 1 groundout, 1 fly out.

Batter-by-Batter / Pitch-by-Pitch

  1. Brandon Guyer: called strike, singles to CF
  2. Jason Bourgeois: called strike, ball, groundout to 2B, Guyer advances to 2B - 1 out
  3. Will Myers: ball, two-run home run - 2-0 Bulls
  4. Leslie Anderson: ball, called strike, singles to RF
  5. Shelly Duncan: ball, ball, called strike, double to LF, Anderson advances to 3B
  6. Mike Fontenot: singles to LF, Anderson scores, Duncan advances to 3B - 3-0 Bulls
  7. Tim Beckham: ball, swinging strike, ball, sac fly to RF, Duncan scores, Fontenot advances to 2B - 4-0 Bulls
  8. Cole Figueroa: ball, ball, ball, ball
  9. Juan Apodaca: ball, ball, ball, ball
  10. Brandon Guyer: ball, called strike, ball, ball, ball, Fontenot scores - 5-0 Bulls

Chad Beck came in and gave up a single and a double to score the three runs left on base by Romero.

Romero ended his last outing on four consecutive walks. This time he ends it on three consecutive walks. When he melts down, he melts down good.

In This Article

Teams
Players