Tuesday BBB Links Rasmus vs. Rasmus Edition

Edwin is just never going to look intimidating. Being called Edwin also doesn't help. - Tom Szczerbowski

Buehrle was great, the offense was great and Colby proved himself the most worthy Rasmus, just a nice night at the ballpark. Today's links discuss Romero's troubles, new ways the Cubs are learning to lose and the most terrifying development in cockroach evolution this century.

Last night was a nice leisurely win for the Blue Jays, The kind of win that doesn't come around these parts often enough this year. You know what goes well with a win? Some links.

JAYS LINKS

Background story on viral Jays star Kawasaki - Sportsnet.ca
"Munenori Kawasaki has won over Blue Jays fans with his quirky on-field antics and -- more recently -- his timely hits. Here’s a detailed look at where the Japanese shortstop came from."

Nolan, Talley Rock Cats 12-3 | New Hampshire Fisher Cats News
"Kevin Nolan belted a two-run homer and Jon Talley knocked a grand slam to lead the Fisher Cats past the New Britain Rock Cats, 12-3, on Monday afternoon."

Romero has another rough outing in triple-A - Sportsnet.ca
"Ricky Romero had another rough outing for the Buffalo Bisons as the left-hander was lit up in less than one inning of work on Monday."

Atlanta Braves at Toronto Blue Jays - May 27, 2013 | MLB.com TOR Recap
Chisholm's recap from Gameday.

Brett Lawrie Will Play Tonight, But What Are The Jays Playing For? | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
Some high grade depressing realism from Stoeten at DJF.

Lawrie: Not everyone has to like me - Sportsnet.ca
"Brett Lawrie apologized for his outburst on Sunday, but is the Blue Jays’ sprinting, diving, free-swinging Red Bull advertisement ready to apologize for being Brett Lawrie?"

AL EAST LINKS

Orioles GIFs of the Week - Camden Chat
"There were some unexpected contributions on the GIF front this week, particularly from one lesser-known Oriole."

Yankees' prospect dilemma: too many catchers - Pinstriped Bible
"The Yankees have a plethora of catching prospects, but they don't really have a way of moving any of them up the system." Classic first world problem.

"God Bless America" interrupts Michael Bourn, Terry Francona argument with umpire - SBNation.com
This was pretty funny.

Rays 10, Marlins 6: Kelly Johnson Powers Tampa Bay Past Miami - DRaysBay
"With two three-run home runs on the day, Kelly Johnson set or tied all sorts of career and Rays-franchise records" For those with a maniacal urge to read about how well kelly johnson is doing.

THE REST OF THE BASEBALL UNIVERSE LINKS

Chicago Cubs: Perfecting the art of not-walking - SBNation.com
"The Cubs, a team with a long history of hacking, are at it again."

2013 MLB Mock Draft, Version 2.0 - Minor League Ball

"One more shot at mocking the draft. Gray goes off 1st." Austin Meadows to the Jays, unsurprisingly.

THT Awards

"The Royals have done poorly in games started by James Shields—and in games started by pitchers not named James Shields."

Bryce Harper out Monday and other injury news - SBNation.com

"Taking a look at some of the latest injury news around MLB."

Joe Blogs: KC and the little things

Whenever the Blue Jays frustrate you, just remember the Royals.

NON-BASEBALL LINK OF THE DAY

Roaches evolving to evade traps, scientists say | Weird | News | Toronto Sun
"A strain of cockroaches in Europe has evolved to outsmart the sugar traps used to kill them, researchers have discovered."