Report: Blue Jays Call Up Neil Wagner

Neil Wagner - Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

This morning, Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors tweeted this:

That won't be the last move of the day, with the Blue Jays needing to replace Ramon Ortiz and Thad Weber on the active roster, and with it likely that Brett Lawrie is going on the DL as well.

Wagner pitched 5 innings for the Oakland A's, in 2011, giving up 6 hits, 4 earned, with 3 walks and 4 k, the sum total of his MLB experience at age 29. He has been great for the Buffalo Bisons. In 19 games, he has pitched 20.1 innings, allowing 10 hits, 8 walks with 32 strikeouts while posting 13 saves. He has hit 100 MPH on the radar in Buffalo. I'm looking forward to seeing him. With Casey Janssen not 100%, we can use another good arm in the pen. Yesterday's game showed the lack of good arms there. I hated seeing Weber used in extra innings.

Stay tuned for more moves.