O For Sunday May 5, 2013 Links

Yup - By Rob and Stephanie Levy from Townsville, Australia (sad cone dog Uploaded by JohnnyMrNinja) [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

There are no words for this.

GAME RECAP

Toronto Blue Jays deny clubhouse problems in face of another loss | MLB | Sports | National Post
The National Post Recap: R.A. Dickey describes himself on Twitter as a "Star Wars nerd," but The Force was not his friend on Saturday

Jays' anemic offence falters against Mariners - Sportsnet.ca
Sportsnet Recap: R.A. Dickey said the Blue Jays aren't doing the things good teams need to do to win games following another poor performance in a 8-1 loss to the Mariners on Saturday.

Hapless Blue Jays pounded by Seattle Mariners | Toronto Star
Star's Recap: The Blue Jays have now lost 14 of their last 18 games, falling 11 games below .500

MLB LINKS

Debut class WAR-fare
From Hardball Times: Comparing WAR totals and playing time for each season's new crop of debuting ballplayers.

Ryan Howard delivers home run at request of blind young Phillies fan (video) | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: Here's your feel good story of the weekend courtesy of Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard. On Friday night, the Phillies hosted Teacher Appreciation Night at Citizens Bank Park, which is a cool enough …

TODAY IN BASEBALL HISTORY

Baseball History May 5th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1955 The musical Damn Yankees, based on Douglass Wallop's novel The Year the Yankees Lost the Pennant opens on Broadway. The comedy, set in in Washington, D.C during the Bronx Bombers' dominance in baseball in the 1950s, tells the tale of an aging Washington Senators fan's bargain with the devil to help his hapless team. Note: who wants to sell their soul to save the Jays?