Tuesday BBB Links: It Ain't Over Till It's Over Edition

The man of the hour. - USA TODAY Sports

Wow, that was quite the comeback. I feel sorry for those who turned off TV or radio out of frustration and missed out. Today's links include discussion about the job security of John Gibbons, the MLB's first German-developed player and some of the most transparent animals around.

If the Blue Jays are going to right the ship this is one of the games that people will point to as a turning point. For a team that has struggled due to its consistently inability to get the lead, this game looked like just another lopsided loss in the making. However, give the Jays some serious credit for crawling all the way back (with a little bit of help from old friend Yunel Escobar) to get the W. How about some victory links?

JAYS LINKS

Davidi: Arencibia lifts Blue Jays to comeback win - Sportsnet.ca

"The Blue Jays rallied back from a 7-0, third-inning deficit in a riveting comeback capped by J.P. Arencibia's two-run blast in the ninth inning of an 8-7 win over the Tampa Bay Rays Monday."

Stoeten Answers Griffin’s Mail Bag – 05/06/13 | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com

Stoeten is always good for a laugh and some coarse wisdom. Language warnings apply as always.

Blue Jays post-season hopes already fading - Sportsnet.ca

"A season that started with loads of promise is quickly turning into a year to forget for the Toronto Blue Jays." This article is a whole wad of pessimism for those who are so inclined.

Blue Jays bullpen: John Gibbons can be dispatched without firing | Toronto Star

"Richard Griffin talks about John Gibbons, Clay Buchholz and the Jason Collins-Jackie Robinson comparison." I don't see "dispatching" Gibbons as a solution to any of the Jays problems.

Ferguson: Talk of firing Jays' Gibbons is premature

Of course it is. I preface all my defenses of Gibbons by saying I have an irrational love for the man, but it's simply too early to be making a change.

Ew, Canada - Pinstriped Bible

In case you were in the mood for reading a Yankee fan write nasty things about the Jays. Some of you might be masochistic that way. I don't know.

AL EAST LINKS

Sox Ranks in Sabermetrics, Offense Only - BoSox Injection - A Boston Red Sox Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More

Seems like maybe these Red Sox can hit a bit.

Orioles GIFs of the Week - Camden Chat

I always give love to purveyors of GIFs.

Know Your 40: Lyle Overbay - Pinstriped Bible

"Lyle Overbay has been a better pickup than anyone had ever dreamed, but he needs to find a way to be productive despite his shortcomings." Overbay has been worth 0.5 WAR for the Yankees this year, a number bettered by only two Blue Jays. Let that sink in.

AL East division update: May edition

"Wide open, given new meaning." It might have to get a bit more wider open for the Jays to sneak back into the race.

THE REST OF THE BASEBALL UNIVERSE LINKS

Hayhurst: Ball doctoring accepted in baseball - Sportsnet.ca

"Clay Buchholz may have technically broke the rules last week but the problem may be bigger than him as baseball has neglected to enforce its written rules when it comes to loading the ball."

Donald Lutz's arrival a milestone for MLB - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

"Donald Lutz, MLBs first German-developed player, hopes to inspire others to dream big."

That other infield shift, and five hitters who should fear it

"The last hitter on the list might surprise you."

Stock Watch: A King leads the Bulls; an entire city is the biggest Bear - CBSSports.com

Does anyone actually believe that James Loney will wind up as the comeback story of the year?

April's worst free agent signees - MLB Daily Dish

"Some players just don't know how to make a good first impression..." It's so very early but I'd be awfully concerned about Josh Hamilton as an Angels fan.

Yu Darvish and 300-strikeout seasons - SBNation.com

Darvish is something else.

NON-BASEBALL LINK OF THE DAY

Pictures: Take a Look Through Nature’s Most Transparent Animals – News Watch

If you don't like stuff like this, it's safe to say I don't understand you as a person.