Blue Jays 6 Rays 4: Another comeback win, but our thoughts are with J.A. Happ

very scary - USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays come back from 3 runs down and the loss of J.A. Happ on a line drive off his head.

Blue Jays 6 Rays 4

That was a scary moment, of course they have to show the replay of the line drive off J.A. Happ's head over and over. It sounds like he is going to be ok. Jose Bautista said:

"From what it sounds like so far, he's in stable condition, he's conscious and that's all we know so far.

And J.P. Arencibia said that when he was down

"He was responsive and talking to the guys."

I don't think I could be a pitcher...far too close in.

In the game, we were up by one on Adam Lind's first home run of the season, in the top of the 2nd inning.

In the bottom of the inning, Happ allowed a Sean Rodriguez double and a James Loney single. Rodriguez was put out at the plate on a squeeze bunt, Edwin Encarnacion threw home late but the umpire felt that Rodriguez missed the plate. it looked like he was wrong to me, and to Joe Madden, who argued and was ejected. Then a Happ wild pitch scored one and Yunel Escobar.

Then Desmond Jennings hit the line drive off Happ. The Rays scored 2 while Happ was on the ground. Not very sportsmanlike. You'd think they could stop the play so that Happ could have been seen to quicker.

Brad Lincoln came in, after the injury delay and allowed another run before getting out of the inning. We were down 4-1, and down a pitcher.

But we came back again. Colby Rasmus hit a 2 run homer, in the 7th and it was 4-3.

In the 8th, back-to-back doubles by Jose Bautista and Melky Cabrera tied the game.

Then, in the 9, Maicer Izturis hit a solo home to give us the lead. Brett Lawrie singled, and Melky Cabrera doubled him home to get an insurance run. Great baserunning Brett. Edwin Encarnacion struck out, to end the inning and he wasn't happy about it, managing to get himself ejected.

Our bullpen did a great job, throwing 7.2 innings scoreless innings. Well, Brad Lincoln did give up a single that allowed a run, but that was charged to Happ. Lincoln pitched 2.1, 3 hits, 1 walk, 1 k. Aaron Loup 2.1, 1 hit, 1 k. Steve Delabar 2.0, 1 hit, 1 walk. And Casey Janssen 1.0, 1 k, getting his 9th save. Casey has been great.

Jays of the Day: Izturis (.368 WPA), Cabrera (.350), Delabar (.128) and Bautista (.117).

Suckage: JP had a rough night at the plate, 0 for 4, 3 k for a -.162, but I'd imagine he must have been shaken by what happened to Happ. JA also had the suckage number but I'm not giving him one after that.

I hope that JA is ok. We'll pass on any news we hear.

1439 comments in the game thread tonight by 64 people. Shortofbrillant led the way, inspiring us all.

# Commenter # Comments
2 Maj. Major Major Major 109
4 Janz_V84 88
5 expos&nordiques4ever 83