Thursday BBB Links: Another Romero Disaster Edition

One of the few Blue Jays hitting well. - J. Meric

That was far from ideal, to say the least. Today's links include J.A Happ's condition, Matt Harvey's dominance and Canada's future in space.

Four wins in a row may have been too much to ask of this group at this time. A let down was imminent and this was it. Ricky Romero just does not seem ready for MLB action.

JAYS LINKS

Romero pulled in first as Rays rout Blue Jays - Sportsnet.ca
"The Toronto Blue Jays rotation is in peril as Ricky Romero was not able to get out of the first inning in a 10-4 rout at the hands of the Tampa Bay Rays."

Davidi: Sprained knee for Happ a small price to pay - Sportsnet.ca
"Given the visually jarring head injury and potentially serious knee injury suffered by J.A. Happ, the Blue Jays pitcher is fortunate to be walking away with only a sprained knee."

Back Where We Started - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
This article seems sadly true at this particular moment.

Blue Jays yet to decide on Happ's replacement | bluejays.com: News
"The Blue Jays have yet to make a decision on who will replace left-hander J.A. Happ in the rotation following Tuesday night's scary scene at Tropicana Field."

Blue Jays’ J.A. Happ: Not much can be done to protect pitchers’ safety: Griffin | Toronto Star
"There are those who will want a committee to study how to better protect the game’s pitchers, but it’s a question with no real answers, Richard Griffin writes."

What to Do After a J.A. Happ-like Accident | FanGraphs Baseball
Sullivan with his take on the play that injured J.A Happ

AL EAST LINKS

Red Sox Injury Bug Getting Under Team's Skin - BoSox Injection - A Boston Red Sox Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
I sure hope so

California Love, Orioles style - Camden Chat
"An Orioles fan hits the left coast"

Searching For The Cause Of Price's Struggles - DRaysBay
"Why is David Price struggling?"

Red Sox lack depth behind Will Middlebrooks, David Ross - Over the Monster
"The Red Sox have a lot of depth in the minor leagues, but not where they might need it most after last night's game."

THE REST OF THE BASEBALL UNIVERSE LINKS

Trade market will be filled with starting pitchers, but who? - CBSSports.com

"Several starting pitchers should be available before the trade deadline, but the market will be much more interesting if Cliff Lee, R.A. Dickey and/or David Price is available." I would be very surprised if Dickey was available.

Currently historic: A truly rare achievement
"An exclusive club welcomes a new member and one player sends us all the way back to the 19th century."

Craig Kimbrel and the Reds’ Unlikeliest Comeback | FanGraphs Baseball
Even Craig Kimbrel makes mistakes, unlikely and infrequent as they are.

Ranking Matt Harvey's 16 swing-throughs against the White Sox - Baseball Nation
Harvey is pretty unbelievable.

NON-BASEBALL LINK OF THE DAY

What is Canada's future in space? - Canada - CBC News

"Astronaut Chris Hadfield's goals are clear over the next six months, particularly when he becomes the first Canadian commander of the International Space Station in March, but much less certain is the country's future in space over the coming decade."