Blue Jays 4 Rays 5: Lincoln walks in the winning run

this a pose? - USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 4 Rays 5 (10 innings)

Is there anything worse than walking in the winning run? Well, I guess walking the last two batters to lose would be worse. Minor Leaguer wants you to know that:

That was just the 14th walk-off walk given up by the Blue Jays. Last: Corey Thurman walked Mike Cameron 11 yrs ago to the day.

He also tells us:

That was the Rays' fourth walk-off walk. Last: Carlos Pena walked by..... Fernando Rodney, back on August 3, 2008.

Losing in the 10th with Brad Lincoln on the mound, while Casey Janssen sits in the pen? That's just stupid. Every time a manager losing a game in extras without using his best reliever, he should be kicked in the ass, hard.

Other than that:

  • Dickey was ok, when we needed him to be very good. 6 innings, 5 hits, 3 runs, 2 earned (one scored on a passed ball), 5 walks, 5 k.
  • Minor Leaguer also asks, when JP pinch hit for Blanco and was hit in the hand, with DeRosa already out of the game, who would catch. My answer is Muninori Kawasaki, you always use the most expendable guy, in that case and Muninori does like crouching. Could be Bonifacio too.
  • We did manage 4 runs, a couple of weeks ago 4 runs would be more than we'd score in an entire series.
  • Jose Bautista made a nice throw to the plate to nail Evan Longoria. Actually, he did that twice, once in the first inning, and the umpire missed the ball and once in the 8th, and the umpire got it right.
  • Darren Oliver pitched 2 scoreless innings. Our other 3 relievers weren't so good. Steve Delabar gave up a run in his inning. Aaron Loup got two out in the 10th before giving up a double to Longoria, then intentionally walked James Loney, before Gibby brought in Lincoln to walk Ryan Roberts and Luke Scott to cost us the game.
  • Two passed balls for Henry Blanco, one cost us a run.
  • Rajai Davis singled in the 5 and then stole second and third and score on a sac fly.

Jays of the Day: Oliver (.278 WPA) and Davis (.166).

Suckage: Lincoln (-.399), Delabar (-.244) and Cabera (-.226, 0 for 5, 2 k).

A great GameThread without me, 1,558 comments from 50 commenters. Maj Major Major Major led the way with 165, great work.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Maj. Major Major Major 165
5 ABsteve 99
6 domefan 72