Blue Jays 6 White Sox 10: The fog came and took Dickey's knuckleball away

Jonathan Daniel

Blue Jays 6 White Sox 10

That was awful in so many ways.

R.A. Dickey was terrible. You know, in the 2nd inning he gave up 2 runs off 5 very softly hit balls, and figured he was in for a bad luck night, but then the other 5 runs against him were not bad luck. He was pretty lucky not to give up more runs. After that 2nd inning everything he threw was hit hard. Adam Dunn hit 2 home runs off him.

Aaron Loup and Darren Oliver pitched a nice inning each. Steve Delabar tried to pitch a good inning but errors by Edwin Encarnacion and Emilio Bonifacio helped the White Sox to 3 more runs. Trying to be fair to Emilio, it was his first error since April 10th, but then it feels like he hasn't had a hit since April 10th as well.

Jose Bautista was about the only good part of an awful game. He had 2 home runs and 5 RBI. As always, a mad Jose Bautista is a productive Jose Bautista.

Beyond that? We did have 13 total hits. Melky Cabrera had 3. Bautista, Maicer Izturis and Munenori Kawasaki had 2 hits each. Everyone else in the starting lineup had 1, except for, you guessed it, Bonifacio, who was 0 for 4 with a walk.

We left a dozen runners on base. A dozen. 12. Hard to believe. It was just terrible. We'd get guys on (13 hit and 6 walks) but once they were on base we forgot how to hit.

The game was delayed by an hour and ten minutes due to fog. And really, it could have been delayed more, the fog was thick enough that it watching it on TV reminded many on Twitter of the good old days of watching sports on the pre-cable, rabbit ear TVs.

I'm not sure what was worse, the game or the headache that I was fighting for most of the game.

Jays of the Day: Bautista (.369 WPA) and Kawasaki (.147)/

Suckage: Dickey (-.509) and JP Arencibia (-.183, came in as a pinch hitter and went 0 for 2), Bonifacio (-.097, not counting the error). Delabar had the number too, -.122, but the 2 errors cost him most of that).

I'll add the GameThread stats tomorrow, now I have to sleep.