Roster Moves: Blue Jays DFA Andy LaRoche

Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

I was hoping that the Blue Jays would send down a pitcher to make room for Chien-Ming Wang, I'm so not a fan of the 8-man bullpen. But no, the Jays decided to DFA Andy LaRoche instead. They did have to make room on the 40-man roster as well as the active roster for Wang, so LaRoche is the one to go.

Andy had 4 at bats in his short time with the Jays, and no hits. He was hitting .282/.358/.463 with 7 home runs in 49 games in Buffalo with the Bisons.

Sorry Andy, I was hoping you'd stay around for awhile.