Tuesday BBB Links: Foggy Nightmare Edition

It simply wasn't the nicest night in Chicago - Jonathan Daniel

Last night the Blue Jays wasted an enormous effort by Jose Bautista and lost a game that was characterized by poor pitching and dense fog. Today's links include Phil Bickford's desire to sign, John MacDonald being traded again and how cow dung may have shaped human history.

The Jays could not pull out a victory last night in a game with 28 hits, 16 runs and one heroic Jose Bautista. Here are some consolation links for losing a shoot out to such a poor offensive squad.

JAYS LINKS

Dickey struggles in fog as Jays fall to White Sox - Sportsnet.ca
"R.A. Dickey allowed seven runs in five innings as the Toronto Blue Jays wasted two home runs from Jose Bautista in a fog-filled 10-6 loss to the Chicago White Sox Monday night."

Bickford appears interested in signing with Jays - Sportsnet.ca
"The Toronto Blue Jays remain confident they can sign 10th overall pick Phil Bickford and the 17-year-old fireballer appears interested in the opportunity of joining the organization."

What Are The Blue Jays Expecting From Chien-Ming Wang? - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
Not much?

Blue Jays Still Chasing Elusive Win Streak - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
It's hard to put together a win streak with so many holes in your rotation.

Stop Searching For Meaning In Jose’s Ejection | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
Last night's performance will have people forgetting all about Sunday's ejection.

Dustin McGowan Addresses the 2013 Draft Class | Getting Blanked | Blogs | theScore.com
One of the better fictional speeches you'll read today.

AL EAST LINKS

Orioles GIFs of the Week - Camden Chat

"Will Chris Dickerson be MGP (Most GIFable Player)? What is up with that hill in centerfield in Houston? What is Steve Johnson singing? All this and more in the latest Orioles GIFs of the Week!"

Video: Wil Myers Goes Boom - DRaysBay
Some scary Wil Myers footage.

Derek Jeter injury update: The Captain takes the field - Pinstriped Bible
Booooo

Red Sox activate Will Middlebrooks from DL, designate Pedro Ciriaco - Over the Monster
"Middlebrooks is back from the DL and his rehab assignment"

THE REST OF THE BASEBALL UNIVERSE LINKS

Domonic Brown (finally) having a breakout season for Phillies - MLB - Albert Chen - SI.com
Pretty fascinating story on the late blooming Brown. Although compared to what the Jays have seen with Bautista and Encarnacion he's hardly a late bloomer.

Baseball's best: Miguel Cabrera or Troy Tulowitzki? - SBNation.com
"It might be more of an open question than you think." I don't think it's totally fair to rule out Trout who has been quietly fantastic after a slow-ish start.

Pirates agree to trade infielder McDonald to Indians - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

The Prime Minister of Defense returns to where it all started for him

The Growing Legend of Yasiel Puig | FanGraphs Baseball

Puig is just must see TV right now.

They’re Not Getting Lucky | FanGraphs Baseball
Jeff Sullivan with a mini crusade against the misuse of the term "luck" in baseball

NON-BASEBALL LINK OF THE DAY

BBC - Future - Science & Environment - The accidental role of cow dung in history
"The production of glazed ceramics in ancient times may have began thanks to cow pats slipping into the recipe by chance, according to a new theory."