Blue Jays 8 Rangers 0: Great start for Mark Buehrle

Nice to see our guys happy. - USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays have a little 3 game winning streak going.

Blue Jays 8 Rangers 0

For the third game in a row, our starting pitcher goes 7 innings. Baseball is so much more fun when the team is playing well.

Mark Buehrle looked great. On May 6th Buehrle's ERA was 7.02. After today's game it is down to 4.66. Tonight he pitched 7 quick innings, allowing just 4 hits and 1 walk with 7 strikeouts. I really do enjoy watching him pitch, he's so quick, you don't get bored.

Aaron Loup and Darren Oliver each pitched a scoreless inning of relief.

And our offense was great. 11 hits, 8 runs. Home runs from Colby Rasmus and J.P. Arencibia. A triple from Munenori Kawasaki. Doubles from Edwin Encarnacion (2 from him), Emilio Bonifacio and Maicer Izturis. Hmmmm I slagged JP, Munenori, Emilio and Maicer and they each had big days. Guess they showed me.

Encarnacion, Adam Lind, Izturis and Bonifacio had 2 hits each. Only Melky Cabrera and Jose Bautista went hitless and they each had an RBI.

We saw some good base running. Colby scored from first on a Maicer double in the 8th. Emilio turned a soft hit ground ball into a double in the 7th. He was also thrown out stealing earlier in the game, I still think he was safe.

It was just a fun game.

And the player thrown out for arguing balls and strikes wasn't a Blue Jay, for a pleasant change. Elvis Andrus didn't appreciate a very low strike 3 call (he was right) and decided to tell the umpire off. It does happen to other teams.

We had some nice plays on defense, we turned 3 double plays. And a couple of bad plays, Kawasaki let a ball play him in the second inning and Bonifacio messed up on a fairly hard hit ball in the 7th, but both times the runner was erased on a double play, each time started by the player that messed up.

Jays of the Day are Buehrle (.285) and Rasmus (.135). It was pretty much a team effort.

No one gets the Suckage number, Melky was low man with a -.060.

Tomorrow R.A. Dickey tries to continue our little run of good starts. Josh Lindblom (0-1, 5.91) goes for the Rangers. It's a rather strange 4:00 Eastern start. I'm going to miss out, unless the heavy rain we have going here at the moment continues through tomorrow.

Even with the short game, just 2:08, we managed 919 comments, from 46 members in the GameThread. Maj. Major Major Major led the way with 91 comments, if he posted them all during the game, that would be a comment ever 1 minute and 25 seconds. Great work.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Maj. Major Major Major 91
2 shortofbrillant 73
3 Damaso's Burnt Shirt 71