Jose Reyes to begin rehab in Buffalo: I have your weekend plans right here

As one comes, the other will go. - Tom Szczerbowski

If you live in southern Ontario / western New York I have your weekend all planned out for you (I'm nice that way). As written by Tom here, Jose Reyes is scheduled to play three games in Buffalo over this weekend to continue his rehab assignment after leading the Dunedin Blue Jays to a first-half championship in the Florida State League today. The Blue Jays would like to see Reyes play through nine innings before placing him back on the major league roster, according to a Jamie Campbell tweet.

So here is what you will do this weekend:

  • Friday: After work, dive down to Buffalo to see Jose Reyes and the Bisons face the Durham Bulls at 7:30 pm. It will be the Bisons' first "fridaynightbash!" event, meaning that the gates will open early at 5 pm. From 5 pm until 6:30 pm you can get a 14-ounce (414 mL) serving of Flying Bison craft beer for just $2! The night will end with fireworks.
  • Saturday: You'll have to act quickly to get into the Bisons game for this Saturday evening because it is the ever-popular Star Wars Night! The Bisons will be donning special uniforms, and you will be donning your favourite Star Wars costume. The game against the Bulls start at 6:05 pm. Fireworks after the game again. According to Mike Harrington, 14,000 tickets have already been sold for Saturday's game (Coca-Cola Field seats about 18,000). Should you not be able to go to Buffalo on Saturday, alternate plans are to go to Session Toronto Craft Beer Festival, where Left Field Brewery will be debuting their Garfoose Breakfast Stout, brewed in collaboration with Dirk Hayhurst.
  • Sunday: Buffalo again as the Bisons face the Bulls at 1:05 pm. Bring your kids! They'll get to run the bases after the game. Alternate plans: go to the Rogers Centre to see the Blue Jays face the Orioles and get there early to get a free Blue Jays beach towel!