Jose Bautista Named Blue Jay Player of the Month for May

USA TODAY Sports

The Toronto chapter of the BBWAA (which doesn't include us, you can tell the difference, the Jays reply to emails from BBWAA members) have voted Jose Bautista the Honda Player of the Month. Jose hit .337 for the month with 5 home runs, 16 RBI and a .446 OBP.

Melky Cabrera, Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind and Mark Buehrle (really?, that great 4.89 ERA gained him votes I guess) also received votes.

This is the 3rd May in a row that Jose has won this award.