Thursday BBB Links: Double Sweep Edition

This picture looks kind of cool - Tom Szczerbowski

Adam Lind was good and the bullpen was good. What else is new? Today's links include Jose Reyes going to Buffalo, Matt Harvey's fastball and the results of gorilla incest.

With an eight game win streak going there isn't much to do except sit back and enjoy the ride. Buehrle wasn't great last night but the run support was decent and the bullpen was great and the Blue Jays never looked in danger of losing the game.

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jays sweep Rockies, making it eight wins in a row - The Globe and Mail
"Toronto (35-36) closed to within one game of .500 for the first time since April 15, when their record was 6-7"

Reyes will play three-game series for Bisons - Sportsnet.ca
"Toronto Blue Jays star shortstop Jose Reyes will play three games for the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons on the weekend, and is poised to make his return to the Blue Jays on Monday."

Assessing Improvements From Esmil (Via Pat Hentgen!) And Aaron Cibia | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
Stoeten on Rogers's sinkers and supposed improvements by Arencibia of late.

Thoughts: Can Blue Jays get back in race? - SweetSpot Blog - ESPN
It feels more possible every day

Could Bonifacio Be Odd Man Out For Blue Jays? - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
"With Jose Reyes returning soon, who gets the cut from the Toronto Blue Jays? All signs point toward Emilio Bonifacio." I'm still not so sure it's not Kawasaki who is a less versatile bench player.

AL EAST LINKS

Chris Davis keeps up Miguel Cabrera impersonation with monster day | The Strike Zone - SI.com
Everyone keeps waiting for Davis to come back to earth but it just isn't happening yet.

David Price injury: Rays ace to begin rehab assignment Friday - SBNation.com
"The Rays expect to have Price back in the starting rotation by the All-Star break."

Defining and identifying Yankee aces - Pinstriped Bible
"What exactly is an "ace" and how many have the Yankees had since World War II?"

Is It Time for the Roberto Hernandez Experiment to End? - DRaysBay
"With an ERA above 5, how many more opportunities will Roberto Hernandez get before being moved to the bullpen?"

MLB Draft 2013: Red Sox sign first-round pick Trey Ball - Over the Monster
"The Red Sox have announced the signing of Trey Ball, their first-round pick in the 2013 MLB Draft."

THE REST OF THE BASEBALL UNIVERSE LINKS

Matt Harvey, Overwhelming | FanGraphs Baseball
Apparently the man can throw a fastball

Harvey, Wheeler excel for Mets in doubleheader sweep of Braves | The Strike Zone - SI.com

The Mets have a lot of young pitching talent, too bad their only position player is David Wright.

Jim Leyland and 15 great self-deprecating managerial quotes - SBNation.com
"Sometimes the only way to let off steam is to take a shot... at yourself."

Ron Washington and the Jurickson Profar decision tree - SBNation.com
"The decision to temporarily reassign a top prospect to the outfield is unnecessarily controversial."

Trending young
"Are young players better than they used to be?"

NON BASEBALL LINK OF THE DAY

Albino Gorilla Was Result of Inbreeding
"A recently mapped genome of the famous albino gorilla Snowflake shows he was born to an uncle and a niece, a new study says."