Kawasaki the Oriole Slayer Saturday June 22, 2013 Links

Brad White

The Legend of Munenori Kawasaki grows by leaps and bounds. He did the unpossible (sic) yesterday by hitting a two run home run that tied what might have been a disappointing loss for the Jays. What else are we going to talk about? Oh right, some other way less miraculous entertaining things happened links.

GAME RECAPS

Blue Jays rally to beat Baltimore Orioles for ninth win in a row and climb back to .500 | Toronto Star
Ninth-inning single by Rajai Davis gives Blue Jays 7-6 walk-off win over the Baltimore Orioles and gets club back to .500.

Davis, Kawasaki lift Blue Jays to ninth straight win - Sportsnet.ca
Rajai Davis hit a game-ending single, Munenori Kawasaki hit his first career home run and the Toronto Blue Jays edged the Baltimore Orioles 7-6 to extend their win streak to nine games.

Baltimore Orioles suffer 7-6 walk-off loss to Toronto Blue Jays - baltimoresun.com
Sad Kawasaki-less recap from the other side: Pedro Strop gave up the game-winning hit to Toronto. Orioles manager Buck Showalter was ejected in the second inning.

JAYS LINKS

Irrepressible Kawasaki continues to revel in spotlight - The Globe and Mail
Japanese shortstop has taken both Toronto and social media by storm, and he’s loving every minute of it

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: Garth Iorg's Batting Stance
Ian looks at a 3rd baseman's batting stance. Not Tony Bautista odd, but Iorg's stance was different.

A Moment In Time | U.S.S. Mariner
Fewer things in this world are certain than you think. At least, I think so, but I’m not certain of that. Right now, though, at this writing, I can tell you with certainty one thing that’s certain: we’re into the last third of June. And I can tell you another thing that’s certain: at this writing, Munenori Kawasaki owns a higher wOBA than the Seattle Mariners.

MLB LINKS

The Worst of the Best: The Week’s Wildest Swings | FanGraphs Baseball
Awful

The Worst of the Best: The Week’s Wildest Pitches | FanGraphs Baseball
No Jays this week. Whew!!!

Upset! Upset! Upset! Atlanta Braves stuck with Glass Joe Title after losing series to New York Mets | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: It sure has been an exciting and unlikely week in the life of Big League Stew's Glass Joe Titles, which throw shame on getting a series KO.

Cooperstown Confidential: The wonderful world of Manny Mota
One of the greatest pinch hitters of all time.

TODAY IN BIG JERK HISTORY

Baseball History June 22nd - National Pastime - Baseball History
2001 The Braves trade John Rocker along with minor league third baseman Troy Cameron to the Indians in a four-player deal in return for relievers Steve Karsay and Steve Reed as well as cash. The Atlanta fireballer became a national figure after his negative comments about New Yorkers, homosexuals, unwed moms and immigrants appeared in Sports Illustrated.