Tuesday Bantering: Lawrie and Santos Rehab

USA TODAY Sports

Little bits on Brett Lawrie and Sergio Santos and Gibby hints on who leaves for Reyes.

Little bits of Blue Jays news.

  • Brett Lawrie is starting a rehab assignment in Dunedin tomorrow. If I was a betting man I'd bet he'll be back right after the All-Star break, all going well.
  • Sergio Santos is starting rehab right away too. He'll pitch in Dunedin, July 1st, 4th and 7th, then pitch in Buffalo. He's hoping to return soon after the All-Star break too. Santos is also doing the weighted ball thing.

And John Gibbons has been dropping hints about who will or will not be dropped to make room for Reyes:

I don't know what it all means, other than Gibby likes playing with the press.

I'm tired of guessing. We'll find out tonight.