Who's Up, Who's Down On the Blue Jays In the Last Two Weeks, June 13 to 26: Pitchers

Chien-Ming Wang - USA TODAY Sports

That was a great couple of weeks for our pitchers.

For fans of up arrows, this is the one for you. The Blue Jays went 11-2, over the two weeks we are covering.

Pitchers

Arrow_up_3

R.A. Dickey

Dickey's had 3 starts, the last one his best start of the season, complete game shutout, 2 hitter, 6 k. Another that turned out ok, 5.2, innings, 7 hits, 3 walks, but just 1 earned run, 3 k. And one that was bad, 6 innings, 7 hits, 6 earned, 2 walks, 5 k, 3 home runs allowed. Batters hit .211/.277/.329 against him in the 3 starts and he had a 3.05 ERA. I'm hoping the last start is a sign he is coming around.

Arrow_up_3

Mark Buehrle

Mark made 3 starts, one that was very good (7 innings, 0 earned), one good (5 innings, 2 earned) and bad (5 innings, 4 earned). In total he was 2-1, with a 3.18 ERA. Batters hit .294/.351/.382, with just 1 home run against him. Kind of a marginal up arrow

Arrow_up_3

Esmil Rogers

He was 2-1 in his 3 starts. Two were good, in the other one he gave up the 3 consecutive home runs against the Rays. He was 2-1 with a 3.20 ERA. Batters hit .225/.276/.507 against him. Again, kind of a marginal up arrow. Other than those 3 home runs, he was very good.

Arrow_up_3

Chien-Ming Wang

2 very good starts. He was 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA. Batters hit .224/.255/.265 against him. I really didn't expect him to be anywhere near this good.

Arrow_up_3

Josh Johnson

2 starts, 1-0. One of the starts was very good, 7.1 innings, 5 hits, 2 walks, 10 strikes. He got the win in the other game, 6 innings, 7 hits, 4 earned, 1 walk, 5 k. Batters hit .231/.273/.385. He had a 2.70 ERA.

Arrow_up_3

Casey
Janssen

In 5 games, he had 4 saves and a win. In 5 innings he allowed just 1 hit, 1 walk, with 3 strikeouts.

Arrow_up_3

Steve Delabar

Steve got into 4 games, 3.1 innings, 1 hit, 3 walks, 10 strikes, 0 runs. Did you catch that. 3.1 innings and 10 strikeouts. All his outs were by the strikeout.

Arrow_up_3

Aaron Loup

He pitched in 4 games but just 2.1 innings. He only allowed 1 hit, hit a batter and had 1 strikeout. No runs. Loup seems to have lost his spot of Gibby's favorite.

Arrow_up_3

Brett Cecil

Brett finally allowed a couple of hits in Tuesday's game, his first hits allowed this month and an earned run, his first since May 10. In 5 games, he faced 18 batters, allowed 2 singles, 1 walk (intentional) and had 5 strikeouts in 5.2 innings.

Arrow_up_3

Neil Wagner

Neil pitched in 5 games, just 4 innings (we have too many relievers). Facing 15 batters, he allowed just 1 single, 2 walks, with 3 strikeouts No earned runs.

Arrow_up_3

Darren Oliver

4 games, 4 innings, 1 earned run. He allowed faced 13 hitters, allowed 3 hits, 1 home run, 0 walks, 4 strikeouts. Batters hit .231/.231/.462 against him.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Brandon Morrow

Had a setback in rehab and is resting again.

Arrow_up_3

Juan Perez

In 3 games he faced 17 batters, allowed 4 singles, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts, 2 unearned runs. Batters hit .267/.353/.267. He has the strangest delivery.

Arrow_down_3

Dustin McGowan

Pitched 3 times. Faced 13 batters, allowed 3 hits, 1 home run, 1 walk, 3 k. That adds up to a batting line of .250/.308/.583. I did enjoy watching him strike out Evan Longoria. I think he'll be good in the long run.