Who's Up, Who's Down On the Blue Jays In the Last Two Weeks, June 13 to 26: Batters

J.P. Arencibia - Joy R. Absalon-USA TODAY Sports

A look at how our hitters fared the past 2 weeks.

The Jays went 11-2 over the past two week, the pitching was great, but the bats weren't bad either. Well, some of them weren't.....

Batters

Arrow_up_3

J.P. Arencibia

Hey, a good couple of weeks from J.P.! Great to see. He hit .306/.359/.611, with 3 home runs, 6 RBI, 2 walks, 8 strikeouts, 1 hit by pitch and 1 caught stealing. This is the J.P. I like.

Arrow_up_3

Edwin Encarnacion

Edwin played in all 13 games, he hit 298/.377/.681, with 6 doubles, 4 home runs, 11 RBI, 5 walks, 5 strikeouts. He has been very consistent of late.

Arrow_up_3

Maicer Izturis

Maicer played in 12 of the 13 games, and he was pretty good. He hit .289/.320/.511 with 4 doubles, 2 home runs, 7 RBI, 2 walks and 6 strikeouts. And his defense has looked really good too. I'm still not a fan, but if he can keep this up, I'll stop constant complaining about him.

Arrow_up_3

Munenori Kawasaki

And he's gone. But he went out on a high note. He played in 11 of 13 games. .261/.345/.565, 2 triples, 1 home run (as hard as it was to believe), 3 RBI, 4 walks, 3 k and 3 sac bunts. He'll be missed.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Brett Lawrie

Hurt. But starting rehab.

Arrow_down_3

Melky Cabrera
Melky played in all 13 games, I don't know why we don't give him the odd day off. He hit .255/.308/.277. That's about as empty a .255 as you can get. 6 RBI, 4 walks, and 6 strikeouts. He needs a break.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Colby Ramus

Colby played in 12 of 13 games. 179/.319/.538, he had 7 hits, but 6 of them were extra base hits, 4 homers, 2 doubles, 7 RBI, 8 walks, 18 strikeouts in 39 at bats. Really he did about as well as a player hitting .179 could.

Arrow_down_3

Jose Bautista

He played in every game, I kind of think he could do with a day off too. Hit. 142/.222/.245 with 2 doubles, 1 home run, 5 walks and 9 strikeouts.

Arrow_down_3

Adam Lind

Adam played in all 13 games too. It looks like is hot streak is cooling off. .254/.269/.549, with 5 home runs (no other extra base hits), 13 RBI, 1 walk, 12 strikeouts. Half hearted down arrow, as the 5 home runs is great but, for him, it's been a down couple of weeks.

Arrow_down_3

Rajai Davis

He played in all 13 games, but sometimes just as a pinch-runner. He hit .250/.273/.250, with no extra base hits, 3 RBI, 0 walks, 4 k and 3 stolen bases. I like his defense is much better than Melky's.

Arrow_down_3

Emilio Bonifacio

He played in 11 of the games. .235/..235/.324 with 3 doubles, 2 RBI, 0 walks, 5 strikeouts, 4 steals, 1 caught. He's been just terrible. I'm tired of waiting for him to start playing. His defense has been pretty good.

Arrow_up_3

Jose Reyes

He gets an up arrow for being back. Yay. Next one has to be earned.

Arrow_down_3

Mark DeRosa

2 hits in 14 at bats. I guess the good part is that he took 4 walks. He's been better at 2B than I thought he would be, but that's not saying much.

Arrow_down_3

Josh Thole

1 hit, a double, in 11 at bats. Small sample size and all, but he's not been any better than Blanco. Looks good behind the plate.