Blue Jays Send Anthony Gose Back to Buffalo

Tom Szczerbowski

It may be an off day on the schedule but the Jay never have off days for roster moves. Anthony Gose is on his way back to Buffalo. They haven't announced the corresponding move yet, I have a feeling we'll be seeing Dustin McGowan soon, as he has thrown on consecutive days now. We also need a starting pitcher or two, but not until next Tuesday.

Esmil Rogers gets tomorrow's start, with the rest of the bullpen there to finish out the game. He went 3.1 scoreless innings in his first start on May 29. Since then he pitched 2.0 innings in relief on June 2. I think if he gets us 3 plus innings again, we should be happy.

Gose got in a little work here, playing in 13 games, mostly as a defensive replacement for Melky Cabrera, now that Rajai Davis is back, we don't need Gose for that. In 23 at bats for the Jays, he had 7 hits, 2 doubles, 3 walks, 5 strikeouts and no stolen bases. He leaves with a .304/.385/.391 line, in a very small sample size. If he was able to do that on a full time bases we would be very happy. Maybe some day. I'm surprised he didn't have a stolen base attempt while here. Anthony was hitting .227/.343/.325 for the Bisons. Maybe the change in scenery did him good?