Draft Day Hangover Friday June 7, 2013 Links

Who speaks barely any english, is a cult hero in Toronto and has Two Thumbs? This Guy! - USA TODAY Sports

Phil Bickford is this year's potential Hall of Famer to be drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays. A surprising pick for some as some draft watchers expected him to go to the Royals. As the dust settles, here are some links for your reading:

JAYS LINKS

The Blue Jay Hunter: The Evolution of Adam Lind
Ian looks at the OBP machine known as Lind.

Q&A: Chad Mottola, Blue Jays Hitting Coach | FanGraphs Baseball
From Fangraphs.

Oaks Christian's Phil Bickford could be a top-10 pick in baseball draft - latimes.com
Who is Phil Bickford?

MLB LINKS

Yesterday's White Sox-Mariners Game Was Historically Crazy
We alerted you to the wackiness that was going on in the White Sox-Mariners game last night, but we feel it's necessary to mention it again today, because it really was one of the craziest games history. How crazy was it? Let's count the ways...

The MLB draft doesn't work and is quite possibly immoral; it's time to replace it - Grantland
It doesn't work. It's quite possibly immoral. It's time to replace it.

Report: A-Rod Refuses To Give Bosch Money; Bosch Cuts Deal With MLB
According to the New York Daily News, Anthony Bosch tried to get money from A-Rod to help pay his mounting legal bills, due in part to the frivolous lawsuit filed by Major League Baseball for tortious interference. A-Rod refused his request, so Bosch cut a deal that would end the lawsuit and require MLB to indemnify him from the collateral damage his cooperation would cause.

Marlon Byrd predicts to teammate he’ll hit two home runs, then hits them | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: Marlon Byrd of the New York Mets saw his own future Wednesday night, predicting he would hit two home runs against the Washington Nationals. Byrd went deep in the second and third innings, respectively

Adult fan barrels over child on way to grabbing Kyle Seager’s historic grand slam ball | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: As we noted on Wednesday night, the Chicago White Sox topped the Seattle Mariners in a wild 16-inning game despite Kyle Seager's dramatic, game-tying and history-making grand slam in the 14th inning/

OT LINKS

Bruins' Gregory Campbell Breaks Leg, Finishes Shift
In the words of Doc Emrick, Gregory Campbell was "shaken up" after he lay down to block Evgeni Malkin's slap shot during a Penguins power play in last night's second period. Hobbling and barely able to move, Campbell played on for another minute or so, at one point nearly stealing the puck on a lazy pass from Kris Letang. But how badly was he hurt?

TODAY IN WEATHER HISTORY

Baseball History - June 7th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1989 For the first time in major league history, the same game is played partly outdoors and partly indoors when the Blue Jays beat the Brewers, 4-2 in a contest that features the closing of the SkyDome's retractable roof in the fifth inning due to inclement weather.