Blue Jays Pick Patrick Murphy RHP in Round Three

The Blue Jays 3rd round pick is Patrick Murphy out of Hamilton High School in Arizona.

He's 6'4" 205 lb. Perfect Game says this about him:

WILD CARD: Patrick Murphy, rhp, Hamilton HS, Chandler. Had Murphy not undergone Tommy John surgery last summer, which cost him his senior season at Hamilton High, he would in all probability have been in the mix to go as early as the second round. If, as anticipated, he has a chance to work out for scouts prior to the draft and shows signs of his former low-90s velocity, it's possible a team could take a flier on him and pop him with an early-round pick.

He went to high school right down the street from Keith Law:

Looks like the Blue Jays are taking lottery tickets on a lot of high school pitchers and hoping one turns out be a starter. The team picks next at #115 in the fourth round.